Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How would YOU change the 25 man squad in the summer?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I think you are being very harsh on Gross. He has scored/assisted more goals than any player in our team and, when he plays well, we seem to play well too. He's also setup more chances than most players in the league so, while he doesn't do well every game, he is as consistent as most players in that position.

Shhh. You're doing it wrong!

Gross is bang average at best, nothing to see here, move along. Etc.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can guarantee, with absolute certainty, that Jayson Molumby will not be named in the 25-man squad next season.
He won't be named in the 25 man squad until the 2021/22 season at the earliest !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'd like to see a real box-to-box driving midfielder. Wonder if we might go back for Thomas Delaney - he's not had such a good season but still looks like one who would suit English football.
I think we will sign Ulloa so assuming Hemed and Baldock move on, another forward in the same mould as Locadia - pacy & able to play across the front line. Dembele from Celtic perhaps? I still like the look of him.
Defensively I'd like to see us keep Uwe as experienced back-up but that said our defence really isn't good enough - you just have to look at the type of goals we have conceded. Maybe Dunk going (if he does) would make it easier for us to address some of the problems we've had this season, especially from set pieces ? We will only know if Goldson is good enough by playing him.
I think we need to look at fullbacks. I like Bong but we dont use Suttner as a wing back which is his real strength so I could see him going and Schelotto's play is a little "open" but I would be looking to develop March as a potential attacking fullback who we've already seen has sound defensive skills. That would mean bringing in at least one winger (I'm assuming Skalak goes). Nathan Redmond at Saints would be one on my shopping list. Still young. Has EPL experience. Very quick and direct.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Does he not qualify because of age so no need to name him.

I am going to guess that sentence was intended as a question (the mangled phrasing and lack of question mark leave me with some doubts).

In which case, yes, due to his age he would not need to be named in the 25-man squad for a few seasons.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am going to guess that sentence was intended as a question (the mangled phrasing and lack of question mark leave me with some doubts).

In which case, yes, due to his age he would not need to be named in the 25-man squad for a few seasons.

I didnt realize that we had taken this site to be English Language Lessons but none the less you have answered the question or confirmed the statement which ever, thank you.

Until recently I assumed that we'll sign Ulloa, but now I'm not so sure. With another £100m plus to be banked in broadcasting income, the club might look further a field.

Yeah , hate to say it but dont think Ulloa is quite up to it..i know he hasnt had much play due to CHs rather blinkered attitude to always playing Murray until he drops but when he has been on, dont think hes the right player ..I would LOVE for us to play Locadia and Iziqueirdo up front, push Schletto into a more attacking midfield role playing opposite March/Knockhaert and the very dependable Stephens , Propper and Gross fighting it out over the midfield places. As for Dunk, i think part of the problem is that both he and Duffy being so similar, on a few occassions they have had off days its because either they both go for the same ball or both leave it for the other and find themselves in the wrong position - one or the other would probably be better off elsewhere if we can get the most out of Uwe and Goldsen

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Until recently I assumed that we'll sign Ulloa, but now I'm not so sure. With another £100m plus to be banked in broadcasting income, the club might look further a field.

Barnes?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I would replace Skalak with Middlesbrough's Adama Traore.

I've found in recent weeks I've caught a few middlesborough games on the tv in the background.

The ONE player who has looked an absolute class about is Traore. You can see he would drive you mad at times but my word he is dangerous. Decision making seems to have really improved compared to what I remember of him in the prem.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I wouldn't chose to let Dunk go....but I have a feeling, no matter what, he will be gone this summer.

Would love to be proved wrong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Too many unknowns for us mere supporters to be accurate but in an ideal world I would like to replace

Skalak, Hemed, Baldock Kayal and Rosenior even possibly Knockaert with upgrades and either Maenpaa or Krul with Walton There are others not in the 25 who I dont think will be so would also look at them leaving. Unfortunately this is not an ideal world.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Too many unknowns for us mere supporters to be accurate but in an ideal world I would like to replace

Skalak, Hemed, Baldock Kayal and Rosenior even possibly Knockaert with upgrades and either Maenpaa or Krul with Walton There are others not in the 25 who I dont think will be so would also look at them leaving. Unfortunately this is not an ideal world.

You've forgotten March

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I am not so sure that the 'big clubs' are as impressed with him as much as many on here are and wonder if he would want a sideways move to a side like Everton, other than for the money he would earn.

I tend to agree also he has never shown any intention to leave that I am aware of plus he's an obvious replacement for Bruno as Captain he's is playing Premership football for his home town money is not everybody's main driver

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here