Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From The Blue & White Thread, Lets total up

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
I'll start

75 Balloons = Total 75 balloons

what are you bringing on Saturday? add it on to the total, it may just make a few more people will join in if they see just how much.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I'll start

75 Balloons = Total 75 balloons

what are you bringing on Saturday? add it on to the total, it may just make a few more people will join in if they see just how much.

I'm tempted to reply 'bugger all' but streamers and luzzable bog rolls is all I can afford.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
1x inflatable champagne bottle
1x inflatable seagull
1x inflatable football
1x inflatable smiley hammer - (won on peir)

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
15 x Inflatable Seagulls
6 x Royal Blue Streamers
6 x White Streamers

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
And a partridge, in a pear tree

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
It is now:-

Balloons total 75
Inflatables/beachballs 37
Streamers/Bogrolls 19 + lots?
Tikka Tape x1

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
From The Blue & White Thread, Lets total up

Sussex flags - 2
Blue streamers - 6
White streamers - 6
I dare say we'll have balloons too

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Oooh forgot flags,

Balloons total 75
Inflatables/beachballs 37
Streamers/Bogrolls 31 + lots?
Tikka Tape x1
Flags 2

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
30 streamers, blue and white, ready to luzz from 1901 in West Stand.

Will rip up some paper as well at some point before Saturday.

Plus four flags.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
15 x Inflatable Seagulls
6 x Royal Blue Streamers
6 x White Streamers

This, only I used 5 seagulls, and 2 blue & 1 white streamer at Naaaarrrrrch.

The seagulls have a tendency to deflate before you have time to get the stopper in (cue [MENTION=34997]Your Mum[/MENTION]), and are as aerodynamic as a brick (kudos to Douglas Adams); I'll be impressed if you can make them "fly" further than about 8 feet.

Edit: thinking about it, a brick can be thrown further than 8 feet, so the mass:form factor of the seagull makes them materially less aerodynamic than a brick. Case in point: the first one I luzzed hit a kid of about 10 sitting 3 rows in front of me in the back of the head. He picked it up and looked round for the previous owner, not knowing that finders keepers applied. I indicated that I was Spartacus and that he could keep it, or preferably, throw it again. He gave it a squeeze, noted it's limpness (I refer you to the comment about valve leakage previously commented upon and cue [MENTION=34997]Your Mum[/MENTION]), and climbed over two rows of seats to hand it back with a "Nah, you're alright mate". Somewhat deflated, like my plastic friend, I took it back, turned around and hurled it back up the stand, hitting an elderly gentleman full in the face two rows behind me. No identification of the thrower was this time necessary as he'd been watching the whole sorry episode. Thereafter, I threw them sideways, never managing to get further than the chap seated three seats along the row. Some amusement was gained as he looked around in vain with increasing agitation for the person throwing inflatable toys at him (I imagine that was his perspective, though it wasn't my intent). I say in vain because I took great pains to look innocent. The lengths I took involved looking away and whistling. Think I might have got away with it.

Back to the inflatable seagulls. They're rubbish. But they're seagulls. Gotta be done.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Back to the inflatable seagulls. They're rubbish. But they're seagulls. Gotta be done.
LOL... lovely description of the difficulties in luzzing a limp seagull...

Saturday is going to be great with all this stuff "flying" around but a lot of first-timers are going to realise it is not as easy as it looks... :)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
2 Sussex flags, if they turn up on time (despatched on Monday with an estimated delivery of Saturday!)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here