Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rockery Gardens Damaged.

These kids need to be taught a lesson and the police won't do that. They are too soft with them nowadays, a vigilanty group jumping out of the bushes would do the trick. No need to cause to much harm to the little scrotes but would scare the shit out of them. They wouldn't be to keen on coming back in a hurry.

The thought of some middle aged fatties leaping out of bushes to chase teenagers would be the best sport in Brighton for the little scrotes,you would have loads up there the next evening!:moo: Let me know when this is happening should be a great watch:mad:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've contacted the appropriate contractors, they've been and looked at it, just got to wait now. Will be chasing them up on monday if nothing's done.

Excuse the ignorance but are you Council funded or rely on charitable donations? I guess this blows a hole in your budget whatever way

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Can we have a collection at the next home Albion match to support the funds?

I'd happily put a couple of quid in.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Excuse the ignorance but are you Council funded or rely on charitable donations? I guess this blows a hole in your budget whatever way

We're council funded mate. I try to keep out of such matters but i think we have a budget for buildings and other infrastructure etc.

Thank you for concern though, it is appreciated.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
A postcard posted in the 1970's
Rockery5.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Utmost admiration for [MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION] and his colleagues for providing us with an absolutely gorgeous tucked-away quiet spot of absolute beauty. I only hope that the kiddies who are currently immature ugly people bereft of any appreciation of just how privileged they are to live in an area where people put in hard graft to create something stunning for the benefit of the community finally grow up.
Or if those kiddies never mature, I sincerely hope they fail to breed. Their contribution to the gene-pool won't be missed. :wave:

Here's some photos I took this morning. No apologies for the big photo size.

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2371.JPG

IMG_2373.JPG

IMG_2374.JPG

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Utmost admiration for [MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION] and his colleagues for providing us with an absolutely gorgeous tucked-away quiet spot of absolute beauty. I only hope that the kiddies who are currently immature ugly people bereft of any appreciation of just how privileged they are to live in an area where people put in hard graft to create something stunning for the benefit of the community finally grow up.
Or if those kiddies never mature, I sincerely hope they fail to breed. Their contribution to the gene-pool won't be missed. :wave:

Here's some photos I took this morning. No apologies for the big photo size.

View attachment 77351

View attachment 77352

View attachment 77353

View attachment 77354
Gorgeous!

Mind you, that gunnera looks a little thirsty!

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
One of the most satisfying things I have witnessed was an old chap who used to tend to his front garden .
He made it into a beach with models made from his beachcombing and had plants and rocks and statues ,it was his pride and joy .
Then some low life`s decided they didnt like it and regularly smashed it up ,and he would clear it up ,they would smash it up and he would clear it up .
Late one evening my mate and I were coming back from fishing and saw these yobs laughing at the old boy and holding this statue in the air so he could`nt reach it while wrecking his garden ,we ran over to confront them and as they turned round to look at us the old guy lifted his boot and delivered this almighty kick in this tw*ts nether regions and going by the look on his face he was`nt getting up ,but the crowning glory was as the other goon tried to run away the old guy grabbed the statue he had just dropped and launched the bl*ody thing which went sailing in the air and caught him flush on the bonce :bowdown: .He certainly didnt need us .
The old guy died a while back ,but we did find out he was in the marines and also an Army shot put champion , which explained a lot :lolol:
My mate and I have dinned out on this story for years .

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I'd like to say a massive thank you for all your support. Having thrown a majority of 16 years into restoring this garden, it can be pretty soul destroying when we get this sort of damage. Luckily. it's few and far between but it does happen.

Slowly, we're starting to get things back to "normal". I've had some wonderful feedback from many people across the social media spectrum and some bloody wonderful offers to help restore the bridge.

If anyone is in or around the garden and sees a fat bald geezer pretending to be in charge, come and introduce yourself and i'll show you round.

Meanwhile, this is one of my favourite photos of the garden taken about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks again

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Jevs keep up the good work. Truly stunning in those pictures - I'll definitely make a visit before summer's out. Haven't had a wander here for a good few years and remember going on family outings as a kid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here