Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "He has obviously done his homework"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Murray: "If he goes the other way it goes in. It's just one of those. He has obviously done his homework. It was just one of those days for me unfortunately."

Does he always take his penalties the same way?

Do we expect Premier League goalkeepers to not "do their homework"?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If 'doing his homework' is saving a comfortable-height penalty where Murray's intentions were telegraphed from the Lewes end, then give him a gold star sticker.

Was fully expecting to see Murray plant it down the middle, but then, I didn't do my homework.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was just a ropey pen Glenn. Not hit hard enough, not in the corner, and at a very savable height for the keeper.

He's had a great season, but its time for the german to get the pens. I want to see them teutonically DRILLED.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Does "doing his homework" mean knowing that the dopey ref won't penalise him for being a foot off his line when the ball is kicked?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
There is a further comment not in the original post about how he watches Schmeichel and vice versa, Glenn tried the step and it didn't work was was a shit penalty.

It happens, keepers save pens all the time. Ours have saved at least 5 in the last couple of seasons. I think we've only had a couple saved.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It was a poor penalty. But I trust him to take another one, he’s usually pretty good.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I thought there was lethargy, laziness and a hint of arrogance about the way Murray took the penalty. He has missed two now; time for him to step down.

In every other dead ball situation in the attacking half, Gross gets to take the kick. Baffled why he couldn't do the job from 12 yards.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
it was the 6th in a row going centre/(keepers) left.

I'm not a Murray knocker - but that's a little predictable.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Maybe GM will do some homework and study the keepers that do their homework and then he'll know which way they are going to dive.

Job done.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought there was lethargy, laziness and a hint of arrogance about the way Murray took the penalty. He has missed two now; time for him to step down.

I just think he lacked conviction and confidence with it.

And, to be clear, I'm not having a pop. I love Glenn Murray!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Problem is that with that statement, he's suggested he's predictable. So for his next pen keepers will now probably expect him to go the other way. Or will they. Risk is Glenn starts second guessing and the result is another crap pen.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I saw that quote as well thought it a little odd. As a goal keeper at this level, of course you would prepare for a match by analysing trends of the pen taker. It was almost as though GM was saying 'that's the way I like to go and the keeper knew that'

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
GM missed a couple in our League One promotion season too. Never been a good penalty taker

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This is one of the things I love about Murray and in my opinion why he's still going strong, he doesn't get too up or down about anything. He won't let it affect his future performances, he just takes it all in his stride and gets on with his job. He is the ultimate professional IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In every other dead ball situation in the attacking half, Gross gets to take the kick. Baffled why he couldn't do the job from 12 yards.
They practice them in training. Hemed scores the most, followed by Murray. Gross lays it off for someone else to finish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here