Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Coup in Zimbabwe ?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
i think thats looking tbrough rose tinted glasses , he no doubt knew full well what would happen , tribalism is the dominant political force in sub saharan africa , and it doesnt look like changing any time soon
...and the regular slaughter between Shona and Matabele (ndebele) tribes, was going on long before the white man set foot in southern Africa.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It may not be, sure. The source is impeccably not pro-labour. However, he could be having a macabre joke for no good reason (with his son, not me). It has been corroborated, certainly, but that isn't proof, either. I'm just sharing what I've picked up.

So.... feel free to correct me. What do you know that trumps my info?

Nothing harry , but lets be honest here , if this was a post slagging labour and not the antichrist maggie thena "my mates dad" would be ridiculed

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Indeed. And THOSE takeovers did not often result in a farm that was producing anywhere near the yield it should be. Zimbabwe went from being a significant exporter of food to needing to import food to survive. Some of the tobacco farms are now doing ok, but they are still a way off the original numbers. It's the same with the indigenisation reforms, where companies must be majority (51% in practice) owned by Zimbabweans. If you run a mine, every shipment (EVRRY ONE) out of the country must be signed off by the minister of mines.

I actually find a lot of their policies very well written, clearly some very educated people putting them together. I just don't think they are implemented properly. Corruption 'natch.

I highly doubt Mnanagagwa is going to be much better than Mugabe. :(

A sith ifrican girl i worked with , her father was replaced as education director for the local authority by a black woman......................who couldnt read or write.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Indeed. And THOSE takeovers did not often result in a farm that was producing anywhere near the yield it should be. Zimbabwe went from being a significant exporter of food to needing to import food to survive. Some of the tobacco farms are now doing ok, but they are still a way off the original numbers. It's the same with the indigenisation reforms, where companies must be majority (51% in practice) owned by Zimbabweans. If you run a mine, every shipment (EVRRY ONE) out of the country must be signed off by the minister of mines.

I actually find a lot of their policies very well written, clearly some very educated people putting them together. I just don't think they are implemented properly. Corruption 'natch.

I highly doubt Mnanagagwa is going to be much better than Mugabe. :(

I agree. The thing that always struck with me with mining (which is dodgy as ****) and other foreign investment down and around there were the people and countries doing it- Chinese, Russians, Indians - very streetwise people who knew exactly how a developing country works and which hands need dollars in them to get what they want.

It's very true about Zimbabweans being educated too - the standard of English was by far the best I encountered in Africa and for most people it's their second language. It's another tragedy of all this that such a brain drain was caused by the displacement of people to Botswana, South Africa, Zambia etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nothing harry , but lets be honest here , if this was a post slagging labour and not the antichrist maggie thena "my mates dad" would be ridiculed

double post

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yes, it would be rediculed by some but I hope not by me. I might make further enquiries, of course. With some posters I wouldn't even bother giving it any credence. But with some people who post on here I would accept an unfavourable anecdote about labour without question. All the best.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I guess he's banking on either the African Union or SADC stepping in to protect his constitutional position. If he's not careful it could all end up going a bit "Ceaucescu", as I'm not sure the army would try too hard to protect him if a mob came calling.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
End up pretty nasty? End up? You mean it isn't pretty nasty already?

20 years? Make that 40..........................

It hasn't been that nasty yet has it? Or have I missed something here? I agree with dejavu. It **will** get nasty if
that moron doesn't resign soon.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It'll be interesting tomorrow if the impeachment proceedings do actually start.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It hasn't been that nasty yet has it? Or have I missed something here? I agree with dejavu. It **will** get nasty if
that moron doesn't resign soon.
I can't believe anyone has said that! Unbelievable - unless, of course, you're one of the so called 'war veterans' who happily roamed the country, killing with impunity. Or one of the favoured officials who has made a fortune through corruption on a scale that is impressive even by African standards. Or Mugabe himself, perhaps, who has got away with blue murder by conning his fellow African leaders into heralding him as a fighter against colonialism?
Thousands have died violently since 'that moron' was put in charge.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I can't believe anyone has said that! Unbelievable - unless, of course, you're one of the so called 'war veterans' who happily roamed the country, killing with impunity. Or one of the favoured officials who has made a fortune through corruption on a scale that is impressive even by African standards. Or Mugabe himself, perhaps, who has got away with blue murder by conning his fellow African leaders into heralding him as a fighter against colonialism?
Thousands have died violently since 'that moron' was put in charge.

But hold on a second - we're not talking about his general reign of terror. We're talking about the ***act of deposing him***. That's all.I never
said anything about his actions up to this point.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There's talk that General Chiwenga and Police Commissioner Chihur have agreed for him to stand down next month. The problem is if the people and more particularly other elements of the army and war veterans don't want to wait that long.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But hold on a second - we're not talking about his general reign of terror. We're talking about the ***act of deposing him***. That's all.I never
said anything about his actions up to this point.

If that's what you meant, fair enough - it's not the way it looked to me when I read it, though, hence my reply. If Baby Bush had wanted to prove how big he was by invading foreign countries to bring about regime change, in my opinion he'd have done the world a lot more good if he'd left Saddam Hussein alone and gone in and taken out Mugabe!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If that's what you meant, fair enough - it's not the way it looked to me when I read it, though, hence my reply. If Baby Bush had wanted to prove how big he was by invading foreign countries to bring about regime change, in my opinion he'd have done the world a lot more good if he'd left Saddam Hussein alone and gone in and taken out Mugabe!

I was responding mainly to the reports on the tv tonight where clearly there's a lot of frustration and despair.
If he had an ounce of common sense he would go. And I too would have loved it if he'd been taken out years
ago.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was responding mainly to the reports on the tv tonight where clearly there's a lot of frustration and despair.
If he had an ounce of common sense he would go. And I too would have loved it if he'd been taken out years
ago.

I don't know about common sense. Somehow the little ******* seems to me to be untouchable. Wish somebody would prove me wrong.......soon! If it's a knife in the back that's required, my money would be on his missus!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here