Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The Last Jedi - Full Trailer Released Today

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I like the idea of going to the best cinema for such a spectacle, but I just don't get the idea of watching it in 3D, it's directed with 2D in mind :shrug:

I would have gone 2D if it was on at the right time.

I like to see Star Wars movies before I hear spoilers, so going v early.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I like to see Star Wars movies before I hear spoilers, so going v early.
Are people calling you late morning to tell you what happens? I go on the first day of every one, but it's not difficult lasting to the evening without hearing.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Are people calling you late morning to tell you what happens? I go on the first day of every one, but it's not difficult lasting to the evening without hearing.

I'm on Twitter all day. Taking no chances.

Also busy time for year for parties.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm on Twitter all day.
For work?

Here's a spoiler for you - they're trying to turn Rey, but the lady's not for turning. She's a jedi, like her father before her.

It's not a real spoiler, obviously, I've just made it up.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
We'll be on the Disney Cruise to Nassau when it comes out, so hopefully they will be showing it on the huge funnel-vision screen one night. I'll be there on deck, shorts on, & a cold beer in my hand....cant wait!
The kids clubs on the ship are already made to look like the interior of the Falcon, so Im expecting them to go big with this!

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Didn't realise it was already filmed with Carrie Fisher in it.
Sad but good to see.
Was on leaving the cinema after the last film, when everyone turned their phones back on, that the news broke of her death, sad / strange moment

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Not a CG Chewie, that would be awful. It is a new actor in the suit though, Joonas Suotamo. Sharing the role with Peter Mayhew. I think Suotamo does the action scenes and Mayhew everything else.
Yeah, I knew they had a new actor - it was just that shot in the Falcon with the bird thing whose name escapes me looked off to me.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Any of you theorists out there, what are you thinking about this latest trailer?

IMO I think that LS will eventually meet up with Snokes, win or looooose I'm not really sure.
But looking forward to it already :drool:

I think Snokes will kill Leia, that's how they'll write her out and how he will regain his full power. Just a hunch.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think Snokes will kill Leia, that's how they'll write her out and how he will regain his full power. Just a hunch.

Agree with that, hoping they don't kill off LS just yet, still need a bit of the old guard to continue this story on, instead of using the walking carpet and robots.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Agree with that, hoping they don't kill off LS just yet, still need a bit of the old guard to continue this story on, instead of using the walking carpet and robots.

As they had completed shooting before Carrie Fisher passed away AND they had planned for Leia to be central to episode 9, that would require a re-write and a change to the end of this film to accommodate that. I hope they don't do it off-screen between films, and I trust them to NOT do that.

I've now seen the trailer, and it's very good, with one bit which looks pretty spoilery to me.

The way it's put together is in the whole designed to mis-direct us into believing certain things occur, but in terms of the juxtaposition of dialogue / images and simply the order in which specific visual elements are ordered. In some way that's slightly irksome, as IF they're all misdirects it points to the true nature of each - I hope some are double bluffs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We'll be on the Disney Cruise to Nassau when it comes out, so hopefully they will be showing it on the huge funnel-vision screen one night. I'll be there on deck, shorts on, & a cold beer in my hand....cant wait!
The kids clubs on the ship are already made to look like the interior of the Falcon, so Im expecting them to go big with this!

Funnelvision isn't the best place to watch films by a long way. It is a great novelty though.

The inside cinema is a lot better - go there.

(Also don't get off at Nassau - it's a shithole. Stay on the ship, particularly if it's your first Disney Cruise, and enjoy it being a bit quieter. Shorter queues for the AquaDuck for a start. Enjoy - they're amazing - and you'll probably barely see your kids, the clubs are that good.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here