Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think the Albion's loyalty system for away tickets is fair?

Do you think the Albion's loyalty system for away tickets is fair?

• Yes I do

Votes: 152 68.5%
  • No I don't

Votes: 70 31.5%

• Total voters

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Where I think it is unfair is in the Loyalty Point tiers. For example, 3000 tickets are available, of which, say, 2500 are snapped up by tier 1 point-holders. This leaves 500 available on day 2 of the sale for purchase by tier 2 point holders. There may be 1000 of these people, all with various points, who wish to purchase these. They will not go to the 500 highest tier 2 point holders, but the randomly generated top 500 queue entries.
maybe the answer is to have a pre-sale, whereby all supporters wishing to attend, register on the website, and then, when the sale begins, the top 3000 point holders who requested a ticket get one. A simple email saying "successful" or "unsuccessful" can follow from the club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club just need to simplify it.

Top 1500 fans get 1 days start over the rest for each match.

You snooze, you lose.

Should create enough churn to destroy any closed shop, and rewards the "really loyal".

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Where I think it is unfair is in the Loyalty Point tiers. For example, 3000 tickets are available, of which, say, 2500 are snapped up by tier 1 point-holders. This leaves 500 available on day 2 of the sale for purchase by tier 2 point holders. There may be 1000 of these people, all with various points, who wish to purchase these. They will not go to the 500 highest tier 2 point holders, but the randomly generated top 500 queue entries.
maybe the answer is to have a pre-sale, whereby all supporters wishing to attend, register on the website, and then, when the sale begins, the top 3000 point holders who requested a ticket get one. A simple email saying "successful" or "unsuccessful" can follow from the club.

As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] reminded me on a different, related thread, the club have said that they are reducing the size of the tier 2 band to make it more likely that those who have the highest level of points will be able to purchase... I'll dig out the quote and edit this post.

Edit: here it is...

The club have narrowed Tier 2, although won't give specifics:

"The second and subsequent windows we have started to make narrower to try to ensure the scheme is as fair as possible. We were particularly conscious of this for Man Utd and the likely popularity of the game and we will continue to review this based on anticipated popularity. It’s always a balance though as the narrower you make the windows the more friends and family groups have issues with applying for tickets together and sitting together. I’m afraid though that we wont be issuing the details of how many people are in each window."

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] reminded me on a different, related thread, the club have said that they are reducing the size of the tier 2 band to make it more likely that those who have the highest level of points will be able to purchase... I'll dig out the quote and edit this post.

"The second and subsequent windows we have started to make narrower to try to ensure the scheme is as fair as possible. We were particularly conscious of this for Man Utd and the likely popularity of the game and we will continue to review this based on anticipated popularity. It’s always a balance though as the narrower you make the windows the more friends and family groups have issues with applying for tickets together and sitting together. I’m afraid though that we wont be issuing the details of how many people are in each window."

Thanks. That goes some way to addressing my point. However, if it could be done entirely in the way I have suggested, it would completely do away with the mad scramble for tickets as soon as they go on sale. It can be very distracting being at work but having to keep one eye on the little green man's progress across the screen for half an hour or so.........

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
JCL's are the ones most rewarded for this, those who have had a ST while at the AMEX are in the drivers seat, Withdean and before counts for jack shit. The club can't win either way because everything like this is full of those wanting to take advantage in any way possible.

No, it does not put you in the driver seat, it only puts you ahead of those without a ST.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Interesting because that actively goes against the definition of equitable. Its actually narrowing the user population rather than widening it.

To know that this is a conscious decision and change is troubling

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Interesting because that actively goes against the definition of equitable. Its actually narrowing the user population rather than widening it.

To know that this is a conscious decision and change is troubling

Or you could view it as looking to ensure that those with the highest points have the first opportunity to secure tickets.

Now the club need to embrace this for home cup ties where they are only looling to open the WSL and ESL by giving ST holders in these areas to secure their ST seats before opening sales up to a first come first served basis.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
No, it does not put you in the driver seat, it only puts you ahead of those without a ST.

I didn't realise all 20,000+ ST holders had the same amount of points. My mistake. Then I can see how it's a big problem with 10,000 people scrambling for 3000 tickets.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I personally think it sucks that if tickets sell out, any resale tickets are only open to that tier and any that have gone before it.

Surely it would make sense for a handful of tickets to go on sale to all if enough time has passed. what happens if a handful of tickets remain unsold for a couple of days why will tier 3 or 4 not get a chance to buy them?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think it is fair, BUT does need constant refining, tweaking and monitoring to ensure that the system is as fair as it can be.

My one example is loyalty points awarded for the most in demand high profile games. I don't think points should be awarded for these.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Or you could view it as looking to ensure that those with the highest points have the first opportunity to secure tickets.

Now the club need to embrace this for home cup ties where they are only looling to open the WSL and ESL by giving ST holders in these areas to secure their ST seats before opening sales up to a first come first served basis.

In which case that is simply keeping a closed shop. That is in itself a dangerous thing for a business to do especially one that is cyclical like sport

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
Umm, but in order to have different levels of loyalty points such that you can go now but your family member can't must mean that you've been to at least a few away games alone previously, no?

No went to a couple of games with my dad over the last couple of seasons so my bro is 4 points off me - I qualified for West Ham and he didn't so gap is getting bigger

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No went to a couple of games with my dad over the last couple of seasons so my bro is 4 points off me - I qualified for West Ham and he didn't so gap is getting bigger

There is one seat available (block 219) for WHU now...!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Umm, but in order to have different levels of loyalty points such that you can go now but your family member can't must mean that you've been to at least a few away games alone previously, no?

Or has gone with different members at various times with his attendance as the constant. Thats the position im in

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Or has gone with different members at various times with his attendance as the constant. Thats the position im in

Yep, that's the point he's made. I haven't addressed it because I'm still wondering what the club can reasonably do about it. I'm finding it hard to come up with anything other than "if they didn't go, they don't get the points, which may adversely affect their ability to go later". Not very satisfactory for the people affected, of course, but what else can the club do that doesn't negatively affect those who did go?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
JCL's are the ones most rewarded for this, those who have had a ST while at the AMEX are in the drivers seat, Withdean and before counts for jack shit. The club can't win either way because everything like this is full of those wanting to take advantage in any way possible.

Don't really understand this type of comment. You think people that had season tickets at Withdean and before but haven't bothered having one at the Amex should have some sort of merit over those that have had seasons for the last 7 years! This ignores the probability that most of those in the top tier were not only season ticket holders over the last 7 seasons but also before that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here