Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monarch good to go

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A lot of local families will be breathing a huge sigh of relief with this news. Great to read.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
This is a bit misleading.

Monarch have been on the slide for a while, and are likely to continue that way. The Mantegazza family sold it to Greybull for £1, who have since then poured money into it.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
This is a bit misleading.

Monarch have been on the slide for a while, and are likely to continue that way. The Mantegazza family sold it to Greybull for £1, who have since then poured money into it.

Not misleading at all if you read the article

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It does sound as though there are general problems in the airline industry with too much capacity currently.

I think the only time I've flown with Monarch was a last-minute holiday to Jamaica about 10 years ago. From what I've read though, they do seem to be treading the middle-ground between the true value airlines and the flag carriers. That could prove to be quite a dangerous place to be if things become squeezed.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I flew with them a couple of years back. The plane was swelteringly hot and the waiters seemed not to give a toss despite many people complaining. the seats were also cramped and very poor legroom. I'll not use them again.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I flew with them a couple of years back. The plane was swelteringly hot and the waiters seemed not to give a toss despite many people complaining. the seats were also cramped and very poor legroom. I'll not use them again.

Waiters?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I've flown a few times with monarch as a package holiday and once as a scheduled service. I found them to be as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] says, a more middle ground option. Good legroom, clean plane and decent food and drink option. On the scheduled service ( to malaga) they were cheaper than easy jet at the time I needed to travel. But they weren't my first option, i initially viewed easy jet and ba before widening my look and that is probably where their issue lies

JakyBF

Apr 19, 2016
Heathfield
I initially viewed easy jet and ba before widening my look and that is probably where their issue lies

They need a big cheesy campaign with a King or Queen character (Monarch) proclaiming how good their prices are. Something to get them into the public psyche like the Go Compare C**t, then people would consider them when planning for budget air trips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here