Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beam back

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would have thought so but won't be going this time after the catering chaos, 25 minute queue for a beer

Same. You could either queue for a beer or watch the game on the big screen in the open air. Doing both was not an option.

Catering was doomed the moment they switched it from the North Stand, which has, by a country catering mile, the best catering arrangements in the entire stadium.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Massive queue to get in the ground and with an 11-30 opening it was obvious that with less than an hour to ko the beer/pie outlets would be mobbed....... this was obviously not taken into consideration.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Then got to front to b told no lager said to lady why do t you tell the hundreds of people queuing for half an hour she just smiled cider it was then

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
They should have opened at 10.30. I'm pretty sure the extra takings would have covered the extra wages!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Lounges were fine, hardly any queues for beer or toilets , most relaxed. Only thing was seeing Mullers do his pep talk then see him repeat it on the big screen a few minutes later word for word, must have been scripted

Lounges?
Did you have access to both then?

Went in the BUPA lounge for the Charlton match and it was very well organised, hardly any queues and plenty of staff.

Went in the Heineken lounge yesterday and it was a different story, big queues for beer/pies and hardly any staff.
Unfortunately missed out on tickets for the BUPA this time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shame the beer queues were too long, because the beamback in general was a great success, a really good place to watch.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Bupa lounge yesterday was well run. Queues for beer not too bad, pies were well supplied, and extra food such as chips ordered and supplied quickly.

Special thanks to [MENTION=2261]pompeydel[/MENTION] who sold me a spare ticket so my nephew who had a work shift changed could join us

Only let down was the result.

Whilst writing, apologies to anybody in ours near Brighton station who may have had their quiet saturday afternoon enjoyment impacted by my wife trying to get people singing and then hawking my statto son around like some brighton festival Street cabaret act and trying to get people to beat him with albion questions

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lounges?

Went in the BUPA lounge for the Charlton match and it was very well organised, hardly any queues and plenty of staff.

Went in the Heineken lounge yesterday and it was a different story, big queues for beer/pies and hardly any staff.
Was HB&B serving for the Charlton game? :moo:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Lounges?

Yes I was in BUPA, it was fine, hardly a queue for a beer and not too packed to be difficult

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here