Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice 2016 thread

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is the worst crop of candidates I can remember, and I started watching in Series 5 (2009).

Grainne has been the best of a bad bunch but was pretty ordinary last night. Courtney is the last bloke standing and he's got some pretty big weaknesses, the girl Alana routinely fails to assert herself, the girl Jessica is never far away from bursting into tears. What is guaranteed is that those that make it to interview stage will be ripped to shreds - that promises to be must watch TV.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Isn't The Apprentice filmed months in advance, so in theory the winner is already known by a chosen few?

There are places you can bet on this.

I'd love to know the timescale of when it was filmed and how long it actually is between tasks?

Yes this is true, I think it was series 1 the guy that won came to the company I was working for representing Amstrad. We had to sign disclosure and gagging agreement as he had won the apprentice but the "world" didn't know....

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It is now a straight fight between Francis and Grainne for me, depending on the business plans of the others.

Courtney is a turd, Trishna is really smart and clever but lacking in personality, Alana is clearly dimwitted or just overawed by the whole thing and Jessica, well. I'd marry Jessica tomorrow, no question. What a woman, but I wouldn't never want to work with someone like her purely because she'll be a confidence yo-yo. On her good days, a world beater. On her bad, a dead weight. But I'm in love with her. And Grainne, for totally different reasons.

Lucky women. :ffsparr:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They are all pretty poor. Trishna for me. She's the only one who seems to have some business sense about her, although lacking in charisma and creativity.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Final tonight and slow burner Alana for me, she has really done well from being a timid mouse

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Alana has been the obvious candidate for two months, purely because when you read between the lines, Karen was always saying things that basically meant "don't bin Alana".

In the same way, Claude has long recognised that the boring Courtney fella has got something about him. But he can't sell and he can't pitch and I'd say they're quite important qualities in business.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Alana has been the obvious candidate for two months, purely because when you read between the lines, Karen was always saying things that basically meant "don't bin Alana".

In the same way, Claude has long recognised that the boring Courtney fella has got something about him. But he can't sell and he can't pitch and I'd say they're quite important qualities in business.

Not necessarily. If he's upscaling his business then he can have someone on board who can do all the "touchy/feely" things while he concentrates on the creative side. I was impressed with him when he was given a pen and challenged "go on then, come up with a novelty idea right now" and he drew the Sugar cube dispenser.
My 5p is on him to win

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Not necessarily. If he's upscaling his business then he can have someone on board who can do all the "touchy/feely" things while he concentrates on the creative side. I was impressed with him when he was given a pen and challenged "go on then, come up with a novelty idea right now" and he drew the Sugar cube dispenser.
My 5p is on him to win

Agreed, but I also agree with [MENTION=3969]Billy the Fish[/MENTION]. Courtney is pretty feckless, but sadly he seems to have an eye for tat that will sell and Sugar can see easy money there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done Alana

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Once again The Apprentice turns into Dragon's Den at the crucial moment.

Turns out Sugar didn't want to invest in a business that he'd done before, and he fancied a change. So what was the point of Courtney winning 8/10 tasks and giving a great pitch? Why even have him on the show if the business plan was a non-starter.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Once again The Apprentice turns into Dragon's Den at the crucial moment.

Turns out Sugar didn't want to invest in a business that he'd done before, and he fancied a change. So what was the point of Courtney winning 8/10 tasks and giving a great pitch? Why even have him on the show if the business plan was a non-starter.
Calm down dear.... It's only a TV show.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Alana made a big thing of her profit per cake. When you make them in your mum's kitchen I guess the overheads are quite low.
Although I agree, I still think clearing 40k pa profit from your mum's kitchen is reasonably impressive.

Regardless of Dragons Den accusations and Courtney's eye for profitable tat, overall I just thought the better, more competent business person actually won.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here