Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So,that would complete the 25 ,with 8 homegrown,and keeping Hemed and Suttner.

Hang on there one wee minute, we are automatically assuming that because he has handed in this transfer request, that he will automatically be signing for us. It doesn't necessarily follow!,

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rumours about us being interested in the Iranian fella must have forced his hand.

We're generally a club who likes to keep their targets to themselves for as long as possible. I guess then, that it might be advantageous occasionally to drop in the name of a player you may (or probably may not be) interested in, just to keep the prospective seller of your main target on their toes. Ultimately, if the player wants to leave, then Reading will already know about it. What they don't want is a highly paid but disinterested &/or distracted player turning out for them come August, because he didn't get the transfer he wanted.

Albion played hardball with Dale Stephens in a similar situation, but that's quite rare these days, all the more so given that it worked out well. Plus Reading aren't likely to be troubling the promotion race this season, whereas we could at least say to Stephens "look, we came so close: next time we're going to make absolutely sure". What have our pitch-invading friends from the Thames Valley got to offer Liam Moore in that respect? Another relegation battle in front of 12,000 fans?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Feel sure that conservative Chris won't play three at the back again unless he has to, not after the Chelsea debacle. Although there again, he does have different players at his disposal now.

We settled down well in that formation as the game progressed but were caught cold at the start by Willian and Hazard, which other teams havent got. or anybody to compare with them.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Albion played hardball with Dale Stephens in a similar situation, but that's quite rare these days, all the more so given that it worked out well. Plus Reading aren't likely to be troubling the promotion race this season, whereas we could at least say to Stephens "look, we came so close: next time we're going to make absolutely sure".

Very true.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
We settled down well in that formation as the game progressed but were caught cold at the start by Willian and Hazard, which other teams havent got. or anybody to compare with them.

I tend to agree with that BG and, as you say, it was unfortunate we were caught cold probably before the team were able to get used to it. There is also the issue of potential penalties which could have affected the eventual outcome. Possibly the formation would have been best introduced against lesser opposition than Chelski - I hope that CH will not completely put it out of his mind and especially as we have strengthened the squad ( perhaps considerably ).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We're generally a club who likes to keep their targets to themselves for as long as possible. I guess then, that it might be advantageous occasionally to drop in the name of a player you may (or probably may not be) interested in, just to keep the prospective seller of your main target on their toes. Ultimately, if the player wants to leave, then Reading will already know about it. What they don't want is a highly paid but disinterested &/or distracted player turning out for them come August, because he didn't get the transfer he wanted.

Albion played hardball with Dale Stephens in a similar situation, but that's quite rare these days, all the more so given that it worked out well. Plus Reading aren't likely to be troubling the promotion race this season, whereas we could at least say to Stephens "look, we came so close: next time we're going to make absolutely sure". What have our pitch-invading friends from the Thames Valley got to offer Liam Moore in that respect? Another relegation battle in front of 12,000 fans?

This is part of the reason I think we’ll get him for circa 7 million. And plus the fact, that’s about what he is worth.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Why didn't he hand in a transfer request when we showed interest in that Sheff Utd bloke then ?

Maybe because the window will slam down very quickly and Reading if they decide to sell him will need to replace him pretty quickly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jack O Connell does the same thing. Both clubs could stand firm in the same way we did with
Dale.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Maybe because the window will slam down very quickly and Reading if they decide to sell him will need to replace him pretty quickly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jack O Connell does the same thing. Both clubs could stand firm in the same way we did with
Dale.

Could do. Just have to wait and see. Don't forget Stephens didn't play for a few matches as his head was turned. I can't see Reading keeping hold of Moore now.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Could do. Just have to wait and see. Don't forget Stephens didn't play for a few matches as his head was turned. I can't see Reading keeping hold of Moore now.

I agree, I think he will go pretty quickly maybe Baldock will be a sweetener!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been a staunch advocate of signing an old experienced CB but would have no objection to bringing in Liam Moore who can also play right back if the price is around the 5-6m mark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here