Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gin drinkers

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sloe Gin anybody?
Never had it, nice colour though.

I'm off to Benidorm soon for a staggy, recently found out that The Spanish make a fine Gin, so I will give it a try, I like the measures they give as well.

Found a fabulous little gin bar in the old town of Benidorm, just a small tasteful bar but must of had over 300 gins in there.
Also, thank you sooooooo much to the poster who recommended The Pig & Whistle for Ale (on another thread I think) nice bar in old town again, the old speckled was wonderful ( also thatchers gold)
2 Oasis in a desert of shittyness.

johnjim

Sep 2, 2008
bexhill
Me & Mrs R did a blind tasting of Tonics with and without Gin. Because I think Fever Tree is a cleverly advertised ,over priced hype. We tried loads right across the price range.
Much to Mrs displeasure Marks and Spencer's was tops for us both and Fever Tree only mid table.
Using the money saved to buy more Gin.
Try it yourselves makes for a good evening,now world cup is almost over and F A on telly.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Me & Mrs R did a blind tasting of Tonics with and without Gin. Because I think Fever Tree is a cleverly advertised ,over priced hype. We tried loads right across the price range.
Much to Mrs displeasure Marks and Spencer's was tops for us both and Fever Tree only mid table.
Using the money saved to buy more Gin.
Try it yourselves makes for a good evening,now world cup is almost over and F A on telly.

I came to the same conclusion with FT. Schweppes is my regular now – having experimented with some supermarket ones, they can be a little bit flat. Got a bottle of Fifty Pounds the other day, which claims to be the 'smoothest gin ever'.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I have recently picked up this local one which is rather nice and worth checking out.
8a708709f0b4be4485c644fb4e844c23.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sounds like a lot of hard work to me. I don't get whisky at all either, I have been told try this try that etc etc single malts blah blah yet still they all taste like something to clean your brushes with.

Clean your brushes........ now that’s a laugh.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Really? From what I've read, Schweppes is highly regarded amongst "mixologists". It all depends on what tastes best to you. I find Fever Tree a little sweet.

Everyone has been asking for Fevertree for some time and they’ve grown quickly. Now bought our by Coca Cola who own Shweppes I think. Buy out the opposition huh.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After trying a multitude of gins over the last few years I have reverted to Gordon’s as my favourite :shrug:

There are some well overpriced overhyped trendy gins, some I like some I don’t but Gordon’s has been around for ever for a reason imo.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After trying a multitude of gins over the last few years I have reverted to Gordon’s as my favourite :shrug:

There are some well overpriced overhyped trendy gins, some I like some I don’t but Gordon’s has been around for ever for a reason imo.

Have you tried Gordons Pink?. I havent as yet but will do so as I bought some pink gin back from Spain which I Iliked.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have you tried Gordons Pink?. I havent as yet but will do so as I bought some pink gin back from Spain which I Iliked.

Nope, I didn’t even know it existed, I’ll give it a whirl. Is it pink because they add angostura bitters?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Been drinking Fishers Gin , a local gin made in Aldeburgh using Spignel, Rocket Samphire,Wood aven & Bog Myrtle . All native to the Suffolk coast .

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Found a fabulous little gin bar in the old town of Benidorm, just a small tasteful bar but must of had over 300 gins in there.
Also, thank you sooooooo much to the poster who recommended The Pig & Whistle for Ale (on another thread I think) nice bar in old town again, the old speckled was wonderful ( also thatchers gold)
2 Oasis in a desert of shittyness.

I think it was me that said about the Pig & Whistle, glad you liked it.
I recall you were hoping to have a good steak somewhere as well, hopefully you managed to get one.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Still only £16 a litre in Morrisons currently :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just noticed some decent prices at Amazon currently on some gins - not sure if they are all Prime Day specials or ongoing discounts.

Here >>> https://amzn.to/2LqzFI9

I've not heard of Tarquin's Gin before - does anyone know if it's any good. It's exactly what Palace fans would imagine we drink.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Just noticed some decent prices at Amazon currently on some gins - not sure if they are all Prime Day specials or ongoing discounts.

Here >>> https://amzn.to/2LqzFI9

I've not heard of Tarquin's Gin before - does anyone know if it's any good. It's exactly what Palace fans would imagine we drink.
Discovered it last month on my holiday in Cornwall.
It’s brewed down there and most places stock it.
I prefer Hendricks, but her indoors prefers Tarquinius.
Nice drop though

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Discovered it last month on my holiday in Cornwall.
It’s brewed down there and most places stock it.
I prefer Hendricks, but her indoors prefers Tarquinius.
Nice drop though

Recently got back from a fabulous villa in Spain.
First thing I noticed when we let ourselves in was a full bottle of Hendricks in the kitchen.
Very nice it was too.
Sipping a G&T round the pool in the evening was delightful.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here