Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Announcing the attendance AFTER full time .....yesssssss

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I agree with the SEAGULLS chant. Heard it once today but it's simply not enough! Where has it gone? Flown away just as we seem to be making a go of things.
I"m not a big fan of the Liverpool rip off Albion chant either much prefer the original. We are Brighton super Brighton is also great when everyone bothers to join in, everything is getting far to complicated these days half know the words half don't so what you end up with is a poor atmosphere.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep spot on. Totally the correct way to do it. 10/10.

It's only taken five seasons!
There was a bit of extra whinging about it after the Villa game, and they've fixed it. Impressive.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I have considered just that very thing on numerous occasions. And putting myself in anyone of a number of positions within the clubs heirachy, I find it difficult to imagine that some don't. Perhaps and maybe incorrectly, that's because if I was in their position I think I would. Probably because this forum is (against others) not only well populated but is a permanent source of information...just some of it (amongst the crap) giving the club some idea of supporters views.
Though if Paul Winstanlys procurment dept read it, I'd probably gringe at the hysterical laughter that ensues whilst they read some posters suggestions regarding new signings. Now having said that, I'd hope they don't read it ...[emoji38]ol:
Makes you think that maybe someone from the club posts on here to generate some of these rumours! [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I have sussed it,BG is the undercover agent, and I claim my £5 [emoji2]

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Indeed, also helps slightly with the tempo, stopping the clapping getting faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster.

Totally agree with keeping the words. I have to admit they can sometimes help me out after a few too many pre-match Harveys

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yep had one in front of me who clapped them...I asked why he was clapping them..He said It is a great effort to come all that way! I shook my head and went for a beer....

What sort of beer was it. This has the makings of a good story.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I agree with the SEAGULLS chant. Heard it once today but it's simply not enough! Where has it gone? Flown away just as we seem to be making a go of things.
Apart from GOSBTS, we don't seem to have kept any chants/songs from our Goldstone days. Was good to hear 'Seagulls' a few times yesterday though.

It's not surprising that away fans chant, "Your support is f***ing sh1t!"

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Times move on and the songs we sing change. I remember the songs we sang in the 90's changed from the songs we sung in the 80's, which in turn had changed from the songs of the 70's. I don't really mind the songs changing but we could probably do with more variety.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Apart from GOSBTS, we don't seem to have kept any chants/songs from our Goldstone days. Was good to hear 'Seagulls' a few times yesterday though.

Those Fulham fans singing that only did so after they'd scored. For a following of around 3000 or whatever, they were VERY quiet. Had we been up there in those numbers, we would have made a lot more noise. I really don't think the Amex is as bad as you make out, sure it's not a cauldron of noise, but neither is it a library. I've been to loads of away games and even at 'big' clubs such as man u and Liverpool etc, the crowd can be very quiet.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

I think our home support this season has been good , much louder than last year ,

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
With Leeds and QPR up extant home, could be 5 on the spin.

would that be a first ever? over 29000 that is including the Goldstone? might be.

Would be great,and let's face it,if you a a young fan now,these really are the wonder years,the happy and good times...

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Those Fulham fans singing that only did so after they'd scored. For a following of around 3000 or whatever, they were VERY quiet. Had we been up there in those numbers, we would have made a lot more noise. I really don't think the Amex is as bad as you make out, sure it's not a cauldron of noise, but neither is it a library. I've been to loads of away games and even at 'big' clubs such as man u and Liverpool etc, the crowd can be very quiet.
Yes, they weren't noisy. Just think it's a shame that all those chants we grew up with have disappeared.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Off topic I thought it was the Fulham keeper who got us going today when he attempted time wasting on 50 minutes. He got the crowd up and we soon scored after what an idiot.

Not often I praise a ref, but I was very very impressed with him booking the 'keeper for time wasting that early. Not many ref's would have done that and I think it made a massive difference.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

....And.....

They were sitting down.

all of the match!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here