Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC QF2 Brazil v Belgium

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If the ball was out of play, it wouldn't be a penalty. It wasn't out of play, as is clear from the replays from the right angle. So the fact that he wasn't going to score is not relevant. And the fact it was a genuine attempt at a tackle doesn't stop it being a foul and a penalty.

:facepalm:
Oh dear:

Agree with your comments. My first thought was the ball was out of play so irrelevant whether there was contact but they later showed that it was still in play at the time of contact so definitely a penalty.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
OH no the best team ever to walk the planet lost tonight . No messi,Neymar or Ronaldo left ,perhaps the pundits will:wanker:themselves silly over Phil Jones now

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I can see England winning it. In the last minute of extra time.
Attempted this gag in the second half of extra time v Colombia. "We could do with bringing on Gazza and Platty now."

11 year old son laughed. Mrs said "what are you on about?".

Reckon I've got about six months until he also thinks I'm an unfunny embarrassment.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Do we have any pics of crying Brazilians?

neymar-injury-4.jpg

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Even before the Fernandinho OG, the ball was pinging round the Belgium 6 yard box countless times, with Brazilians unable to tuck away the goals.

Don't apologise, the BBC team post match said it was a pen.

Brazil had no luck on the night conversely Belgium had all the luck

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
If the ball was out of play, it wouldn't be a penalty. It wasn't out of play, as is clear from the replays from the right angle. So the fact that he wasn't going to score is not relevant. And the fact it was a genuine attempt at a tackle doesn't stop it being a foul and a penalty.

:facepalm:
Oh dear:

I will try this one last time IT HAS TO BE A CLEAR AND OBVIOUS MISTAKE for VAR to intervene. Replaying something umpteen times before realising oh it might be in play IS RELEVANT.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I will try this one last time IT HAS TO BE A CLEAR AND OBVIOUS MISTAKE for VAR to intervene. Replaying something umpteen times before realising oh it might be in play IS RELEVANT.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Pathetic. You've now changed your argument to how clear and obvious it was and whether VAR should intervene, but that's not what you were getting wrong. You were boo hooing me as if I was a Brazil sympathiser, despite the fact that I was supporting Belgium. And you said "I wouldnt have given it. There was no way he was going to score from there."

It's not relevant that he wasn't going to score. Then you said "Yes strange fact here the ball was out of play or damn near out of play it is taken into account as is a genuine attempt at a tackle" - again, all wrong.

You don't understand the rules.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This World Cup Neymar has spent 13 minutes rolling around on the floor.
5 minutes came from the game v Mexico.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes really Brazil were of course attacking as much as they could because they had to. Belgium should have ended it when Hazard got greedy instead of passing to Lukaku. Japan did better versus Belgium. The better team won but maybe encouraging that they can still screw up badly.

Nonsense. Brazil attacked from the first minutes, there were several half-chances, shots on target, blocks and saves in the Belgium 6 yard box. Chaos at times. Fernandinho's OG, as first goals nornally do, changes everything, but Brazil attacked throughout as is their DNA.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
OH no the best team ever to walk the planet lost tonight . No messi,Neymar or Ronaldo left ,perhaps the pundits will:wanker:themselves silly over Phil Jones now

The BBC wnkd themselves silly about Belgium before, during after the match. Hindsight Murphy was unrelenting in his sucking up to Martinez. 15 minutes spent praising all things Belgium before the match, with a token 6 minute piece filmed in Brazil.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nonsense. Brazil attacked from the first minutes, there were several half-chances, shots on target, blocks and saves in the Belgium 6 yard box. Chaos at times. Fernandinho's OG, as first goals nornally do, changes everything, but Brazil attacked throughout as is their DNA.

Belgium rode their luck imo. Nailed on pen for me and the parrying that Courtois did will result in goals in the Belgium net in another game, he got very lucky that none of the parries fell to a Brazilian.

Having said that, if we do make the final I’d rather face France or Belgium than Brazil

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Belgium rode their luck imo. Nailed on pen for me and the parrying that Courtois did will result in goals in the Belgium net in another game, he got very lucky that none of the parries fell to a Brazilian.

Having said that, if we do make the final I’d rather face France or Belgium than Brazil

Agree with that, except I think the arrogant French or Belgians would be extremely confident of beating this inexperienced England team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agree with that, except I think the arrogant French or Belgians would be extremely confident of beating this inexperienced England team.

They have reason to be arrogant, player for player they are better than us. We are the Brighton of the Poyet era, they are the Southampton :wink:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
The BBC wnkd themselves silly about Belgium before, during after the match. Hindsight Murphy was unrelenting in his sucking up to Martinez. 15 minutes spent praising all things Belgium before the match, with a token 6 minute piece filmed in Brazil.

Fair enough ,but years of ******* over Brazil is so tedious. Doesn't matter now they aren't one of the best 4 teams in the world are they? They haven't been since 02 ,but still we have to listen to blah blah blah how great they are when clearly they aren't.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here