Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] What are they doing by the Dyke roundabout ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Coming along the A27 from the west, the field on the left just next to the dyke roundabout (left to dyke, right to dyke road roundabout) has what appears to be a winding road being built through the middle of it. Any ideas what it's for or where it's going ?

Thanking the most knowledgeable place on all things Brighton.

(And no prizes for saying they are building a road :dunce:)

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I do not know, however, the one at Mill Hill back of Southwick was for the cables connecting the Rampion wind-farm off Worthing to the national grid further up the county. May be a similar cable laying project.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I do not know, however, the one at Mill Hill back of Southwick was for the cables connecting the Rampion wind-farm off Worthing to the national grid further up the county. May be a similar cable laying project.

I thought maybe that at first but it looks like the blackstuff is going down now

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not sure there are many places a road there can go. The small field with the barn immediately to the left of the slip road up to the roundabout is part of Court Farm (I think, at least it used to be) which is being developed but the news article doesn't mention the barn at all: https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...ew-blocks-of-flats-in-hove-approved-1-7768872
https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...ew-blocks-of-flats-in-hove-approved-1-7768872

Maybe it is being used as site storage for the development?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Rampion-Onshore-Cable-Route-300x178.jpg

1282678455.jpg

They should have tarmaced that, it would have made a cracking cycle route. :lol: :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I've been googling it and apparently it's a runway for our friends at Southwick Tunnel.

It winds that way to get them spinning :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here