Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club / England allegiances

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You seem to be suggesting that because no one was luzzing chairs about their behaviour was acceptable? It was embarrassing and fell way below the level of behaviour I expect.

Please point out where I said their behaviour was acceptable. :shrug:

I've simply asked if there was any serious trouble in Amsterdam , and mentioned a few videos of young blokes mucking about.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Nah, not at all. Burnley and Blackburn went off at each other (about 5 or 6 of them) and that sparked a bit of mayhem and heavy policing. There was some chucking of cans / bottles and some young lads behaving a bit twattish but wasn’t quite what the media made out. It’s easy to nick 60 people, mainly doing nothing, and then report in the press all these arrests :facepalm:

Also, there’s a lot of talk that video was from 2009 as the sky wasn’t blue on Friday. Either way, twattish behaviour but did see plenty of boats pass without fuss!

I’ll always be both and never have seen the need to choose tbh. :shrug:

Cheers Sheebo, nice to have a straight answer to a question sometimes :thumbsup:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Really not interested in England one little bit.
Even more so now we are Premier League. Why would I cheer on players that have cheated and dived against us in league games ( Ashley Young etc)
No BHA no interest .

I agree. I felt the same way even when the Albion were 4th division but being in the Premier League does sharpen the dislike for opposition players.
I don't feel any embarrassment for loutish behaviour by people I don't know so this reason is irrelevant.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Please point out where I said their behaviour was acceptable. :shrug:

I've simply asked if there was any serious trouble in Amsterdam , and mentioned a few videos of young blokes mucking about.

I said you seem to be. As in implying.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well I wasn't, and I had also commented that I didn't think beer throwing was acceptable, if you bothered to read my other posts.

Thank you for confirming.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Club , i'm Welsh/Sicilian , so international football is hardly ever much fun to watch :lolol:

Welsh Sicilian? Is that why I found a sheep's head in my bed when I upset you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Club.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Is it just England?

I don't think so, I'm Scottish and don't even bother watching anymore, yes our team is crap, we know that, but we've never been all that anyway, so that isn't really why, our fans don't (usually) let us down on their travels so can't blame that. International football has just become a bit meh on the whole for me.

The local bars here are generally busy when Barca or Madrid are playing, less so when it's Spain and they have had recent success and lots of it.

I was also travelling through France when France and England played last. I stopped in a small town (can't remember the name) in northern France, the game was on the TV but only a handful of people were watching it while about 30-40 people sat outside showing no more than passing interest, iirc France won, you wouldn't have known.

So maybe it's just international football on the whole is losing it's appeal.

I will still watch the world cup this summer despite Scotland (yet again) not being there but only to see good football, much in the same manner as I enjoy watching any game, if it's not shaping up to be a good game I will generally turn over. I'm just not that bothered, it's not Brighton.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Africa was an embarrassment that I have not recovered from, you could have chucked 11 shirts at the fans and got a team with more commitment. Club for me. Wish I could rekindle my passion for the the England team and the WC but i'm still scarred.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Is it just England?

I don't think so, I'm Scottish and don't even bother watching anymore, yes our team is crap, we know that, but we've never been all that anyway, so that isn't really why, our fans don't (usually) let us down on their travels so can't blame that. International football has just become a bit meh on the whole for me.

The local bars here are generally busy when Barca or Madrid are playing, less so when it's Spain and they have had recent success and lots of it.

I was also travelling through France when France and England played last. I stopped in a small town (can't remember the name) in northern France, the game was on the TV but only a handful of people were watching it while about 30-40 people sat outside showing no more than passing interest, iirc France won, you wouldn't have known.

So maybe it's just international football on the whole is losing it's appeal.

I will still watch the world cup this summer despite Scotland (yet again) not being there but only to see good football, much in the same manner as I enjoy watching any game, if it's not shaping up to be a good game I will generally turn over. I'm just not that bothered, it's not Brighton.

That's very true of the French, next to no interest in friendlies

And only start to take notice at the sharp end of tournaments

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agree totally with those sentiments (in the original post). I want England to do well in the tournaments but some of the fans are such pricks they are a national embarassment. Amazing that this has been going on since at least the 80s and still the authorities haven't managed to tackle the problems. Why are these idiots able to get tickets for England games in the first place?

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Support the club every time - my mood gets affected by results & form I'm afraid.

I'll support England in major tournaments but I don't get too emotional either way. If England aren't there I'll support some other country that I have some liking for and continue to enjoy it.

I find xenophobia offensive and also implication that being English mandates a certain set of beliefs or values - England / Britain is excellent place partly because of its diversity. I'm not sure that's one of the aspects being celebrated by some of them

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Only Albion for me now, completely lost interest in England.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Albion first, want England to do well, but fed up of the overpaid players (chance to increase advertising income ) no effort- lack of passion and hopelessness of it all

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Marco Tardelli goal 1982.
Paolo Rossi hatrick 1982.
Fabio Grosso semi final goal 2006.
Balotelli goals against Germany 2012 Euro's.
Victories against England,Euros and World Cup.
Victories against Belgium and Spain 2016 Euro's.
Etc.

It's great to see Brighton win but for me the feeling when Italy win is on a different level.

England fans don't have that many great wins to pick out so I can understand why club would come first.
I also get why a Man U fan for example would not be too excited about watching England if the side
contained City,Chelsea,Spurs players for example.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I go to Amsterdam every year for a conference in September over a weekend.

In the last 12 years or so, the only group of football fans I can remember were some very friendly Dutch fans.

The pissed up stag night element has disappeared, I've never seen trouble in the city centre.

Watching those videos I'm not surprised that freaked the locals out. A big group together singing anti IRA songs is probably enough.

You don't deserve arrest for simply being a dick head, but if you are in a very large group of males acting like a dick head I don't have a lot of sympathy.

Amsterdam is very different from other large cities. It has a very local feel and whilst they make you feel very welcome they have cracked down on people acting like dick heads.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What I mean when I said " nothing serious " is I didn't see 200 lads throwing chairs in a city square.

Why isn't this beer throwing stopped on the concourse,? If these boys think it's ok to do this in a football stadium, they are going to do this in Amsterdam.

Thought a few Brighton fans ended up with fines or banning after a beer throwing incident at Forest....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here