Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

♫Glastonbury 2017♫

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Loving Barry Gibb, the voice may be gone but what a catalogue of music and the nostalgia coming from the crowd is palpable.

Fan bloody tastic
Yep, exactly what the Sunday afternoon slot should be.

One of the best back catalogues in music, surely?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
'local independent record shop' ..... not 'Alan's' by any chance?

Yes indeed it was, he started off in a small shop near the market, then moved the other side I think near the smiths,smiths shop.

He actually told me about the reverend Horton Heat "psychobilly Freakout" on sub pop label, as he used to get loads of that kinda stuff in. I wonder if it's still open ? How did you know Alan's ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The Cinematic Orchestra on now as the sun drops, marvellous scenes and sounds :clap2:

Where? Flicking around the red button and can't find them.
Will go to iPlayer later in hope of the full set.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just finishing now, been live on iPlayer. No doubt will be able to watch later.

Thanks, just went to iPlayer and saw them coming off :facepalm: I Should have stuck with iPlayer like yesterday and forget this red button nonsense.

Also went to Park Stage live on iplayer now to see Sampha is already on. Hopefully his set goes up later in full too.
Will stick with iPlayer live now I think and stay mainly with West Holt stage.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Yes indeed it was, he started off in a small shop near the market, then moved the other side I think near the smiths,smiths shop.

He actually told me about the reverend Horton Heat "psychobilly Freakout" on sub pop label, as he used to get loads of that kinda stuff in. I wonder if it's still open ? How did you know Alan's ?

I lived on the outskirts of Liverpool for a while during the 90's and used to venture into Alan's now and again when in Wigan.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Thanks, just went to iPlayer and saw them coming off :facepalm: I Should have stuck with iPlayer like yesterday and forget this red button nonsense.

Also went to Park Stage live on iplayer now to see Sampha is already on. Hopefully his set goes up later in full too.
Will stick with iPlayer live now I think and stay mainly with West Holt stage.

Watch out for Sampha via https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ec584f/acts/a456gw (again - full set will be on iPlayer/later )

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Watch out for Sampha via https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ec584f/acts/a456gw (again - full set will be on iPlayer/later )

Thanks again jem. You did even give me the exact time for The Cinematic Orchestra earlier and I still managed to miss them live.

Won't make the same mistake with Moderat due on at 20:15. Then hope to catch more of my favourites on iplayer in the next few days.

Cheers for the updates :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
How bloody good is Sampha live !!!
Will definitely be rewinding this when the full set goes up.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Not a big Biffyholic, but they're rocking it for a Sunday evening, even in some of the anthemic tracks.

* wait, he's gone acoustic. Might come back to it in a few minutes.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I lived on the outskirts of Liverpool for a while during the 90's and used to venture into Alan's now and again when in Wigan.

Small world, I was in a scooter club based in Ormskirk, worked in Kirkby for a while, and used to go into Liverpool every now and again to Probe records and the Pink Parrott for gigs, still got some Psychobilly mates from Liverpool, seeing them actually in two weeks at a festival near Barcelona.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know it does not need to be said but Nile Rodgers is a musical legend

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Everyone I've seen has smashed it

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had a friend visiting so not been able to watch any Glastonbury yet. So looking forward to spending next week catching up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here