Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Basically the govt should do what Reagan did with air traffic controllers in the 80s. Sack them all, make it illegal to rehire the sacked workers (genius that'll ****ing teach them) get the army to be the OBS until they get the new staff in.

**** them and their union. Its NOT about safety. Its never been about safety.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Well strike day today. Quite looking forward to going in on time and getting home on time #strikewhatstrike

Might give them all guns to shoot their foot with.

Yep. Travel on a strike day is easier (seats, trains running on time & you get a refund) but ssshhhh. Don't tell them I'm secretly loving getting £15 everyday the lazy layabouts take a day off to drink tea with their pals outside the station

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well strike day today. Quite looking forward to going in on time and getting home on time #strikewhatstrike

Might give them all guns to shoot their foot with.

Yep. Travel on a strike day is easier (seats, trains running on time & you get a refund) but ssshhhh. Don't tell them I'm secretly loving getting £15 everyday the lazy layabouts take a day off to drink tea with their pals outside the station

Can you two keep it down please. I blag WFH because of the strikes :lolol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
But people are saying the strikes are irrelevant and having no effect so why would they cause problems going to Fulham ?

It probably won't have much of an effect for folk on the BML as Thameslink can pick up the slack. For me going from Crowborough assuming the buses are running on boxing day I'd have to walk 20 minutes to a bus stop, get on a bus to Tunbridge Wells, train from there which will mean I'll have to go into the center of town and then back out rather than just going via Clapham then repeat on the way on home again assuming the buses are running if not it'll be a £40-50 taxi home because it's a bank holiday. So it's possible but much more of a bind than a stroll down the hill to the station.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
But people are saying the strikes are irrelevant and having no effect so why would they cause problems going to Fulham ?

So not only are you failing to condemn strikes that will effect hundreds of families over the most important time of the year for them, you are using your own club's misfortunes to point score. Some piece of work.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Is this really the best you can do? I appreciate that RMT's vindictive decision to target Xmas and New Year must be hard to justify, but really?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It probably won't have much of an effect for folk on the BML as Thameslink can pick up the slack. For me going from Crowborough assuming the buses are running on boxing day I'd have to walk 20 minutes to a bus stop, get on a bus to Tunbridge Wells, train from there which will mean I'll have to go into the center of town and then back out rather than just going via Clapham then repeat on the way on home again assuming the buses are running if not it'll be a £40-50 taxi home because it's a bank holiday. So it's possible but much more of a bind than a stroll down the hill to the station.
Fulham is January 2nd.

The 'boxing day' match is QPR at home on December 27th.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
So not only are you failing to condemn strikes that will effect hundreds of families over the most important time of the year for them, you are using your own club's misfortunes to point score. Some piece of work.

no one is trying to point score. Southern could/should end this dispute before the drivers get involved. I have friends who work for Southern and they also support the Albion, we are all inconvenienced by this dispute, but it really is only about this government breaking the unions and that is why I support the RMT and Aslef.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
no one is trying to point score. Southern could/should end this dispute before the drivers get involved. I have friends who work for Southern and they also support the Albion, we are all inconvenienced by this dispute, but it really is only about this government breaking the unions and that is why I support the RMT and Aslef.

Is it really any wonder that a solution is so far away, when dogma takes over. So it is not at all about closing doors or job protection at all, rather RMT lefties battling the government, apparently intent on doing dreadful things to all unions. Well, as the expression goes, you live and learn. I just feel sorry for the guards who are presumably fearful for their jobs and being used by RMT in their crusade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here