Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
What a way to destroy any public sympathy with strikers. The Union and their members should be ashamed. I`m pissed off re Lewes Bonfire..but Christmas.......Bah Humbug from the RMT and its striking members.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What tide turning ? The only tide turning is the one to the defeat of an unelected bureaucrat trying to smash trade unions

No, I think the last remaining shreds of sympathy the commuting public had with the conductors is draining away now..........it is for me anyway. I've had enough of this crap. Doesn't get SASTA or the Govnt off the hook for being shite of course but I'm now EQUALLY pissed off with RMT

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
No, I think the last remaining shreds of sympathy the commuting public had with the conductors is draining away now..........it is for me anyway. I've had enough of this crap. Doesn't get SASTA or the Govnt off the hook for being shite of course but I'm now EQUALLY pissed off with RMT

I must admit that I'm beginning to think the same way. I'm a life-long trade unionist, branch chair and regional rep. but were I still a SASTA commuter to London (which thank god I'm not) I think that even I'd be having the odd uncharitable thought in the direction of the RMT. Written with a heavy heart!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Was massively on the side of the guards/RMT, despite not having a direct weekday Soton to Brighton service for 3 months plus.

I am no longer on their side with the latest strike news. Mick Cash is a moron who ultimately isn't working with his members best interests in all likelihood.

Last edited:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I have always thought that the tories mucked up the railway privatisation and the current lot have mucked up the gtr franchise even more. Their present refusal to review and sort out says loud and clear that it's all about Union bashing. However the. Management of gtr currently is a disgrace and they should be shown their marching orders. I have every sympathy with the RMT seeking to protect safety on the trains but I now doubt that is really what they are after.

The strikes over Christmas and New Year are cynical and designed to make rail travellers turn their anger on gtr and the government. RMT have shot themselves in the foot with this one. The would be travelling public over the Christmas break will blame the union. How do I know? Because missus and family are fuming at the moment that our Christmas travel plans are wrecked. Who do they blame? You guessed it. Sodding RMT.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I have always thought that the tories mucked up the railway privatisation and the current lot have mucked up the gtr franchise even more. Their present refusal to review and sort out says loud and clear that it's all about Union bashing. However the. Management of gtr currently is a disgrace and they should be shown their marching orders. I have every sympathy with the RMT seeking to protect safety on the trains but I now doubt that is really what they are after.

The strikes over Christmas and New Year are cynical and designed to make rail travellers turn their anger on gtr and the government. RMT have shot themselves in the foot with this one. The would be travelling public over the Christmas break will blame the union. How do I know? Because missus and family are fuming at the moment that our Christmas travel plans are wrecked. Who do they blame? You guessed it. Sodding RMT.

Spot on. Hence my comments on Cash really acting on behalf of his members best interests.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It is impossible for any RMT members or leaders to say that both Bonfire night and now Christmas was not designed to antagonise the travelling public and cause maximum inconvenience.

They can say it but few will believe it.....Makes you wonder about other things they say.......

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just had an email from Southern Rail with the heading

Seasonal #SEhiddengems | Weekend service

Edit: oh no it South Eastern Rail, my mistake

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fulham away potentially ruined the utter *******s: 00.01 on Saturday 31st December 2016 and 23.59 on Monday 2nd January 2017
Not Cool.

Rail strike for Fulham away.

Hope Seagulls Travel has loads of coaches available.

Or can Thamestink take the strain ?

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
You would. But then you'd think nothing of ruining the economy of the south, the lives of thousands of people, & families & kids Christmas etc etc etc. As long as it suits your self interests

Another drama queen . Trains aren't the only form of transport

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well strike day today. Quite looking forward to going in on time and getting home on time #strikewhatstrike

Might give them all guns to shoot their foot with.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Mick Cash is a moron who ultimately isn't working with his members best interests in

Pretty standard practice from most union bosses. In the end they are only furthering their own personal agenda and Iifestyle, see Scargill's council house purchase, and Bob Crow continuing to live in a council house despite earning a six figure salary and thereby denying a genuine person in need of the opportunity to live there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here