Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
got home at 7. Should have been home at 6. Busiest train I've ever been on in 7 years of commuting. Standard joke service resumed

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep, definitely the fault of the unions. Maybe they should spend loads of money on a nasty poster campaign blaming the RMT?

How the fck is Charles Horton still in a job? He should be out on his arse. Actually he should have been out on his arse MONTHS ago, the contemptible arrogant little turd.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Also I submitted two lots of delay reclaim the other days, two lots of three because their shit website only let's you make 3 claims a time and I haven't received any acknowledgement so no doubt will have to go through the farce again.

How are these shysters allowed to continue running a service like this any why isn't anyone in this ****ing Government doing anything about it.

Jul 7, 2003
I managed to get out of London just before 3pm and although slow running from Haywards Heath at least I got back. Some scary pictures on twitter of how dangerously overcrowded the platforms at Haywards Heath were this evening.

Hopefully the buses are better organised than they were for the services back from Brighton towards Worthing on Saturday evening where there was just one double decker running per hour.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Absolute shambles tonight. Got to London Bridge about 10, caught a 30 min delayed train to East Croydon. From there, caught a Brighton train (was 20 mins late) that stopped at Three Bridges due to an earlier problem at Wivelsfield (my station incidentally). Not sure why trains couldn't get to Haywards Heath....

Anyway, 3-400 of us (estimate) got off at Three Bridges and as instructed 'awaited station staff directions'......join one of the TWO shitty old buses waiting. One going to Brighton (already full), the other going 'down the valley'.....

A £40 taxi ride later I'm home. W@nkers.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Waiting at Three Bridges with probably a couple of hundred people for a bus to Brighton.

Hopefully taxi to Worthing will be sorted out there.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a late night bat in the vicinity of Three Bridges station I would be eternally grateful
464134c681281ecd8aca824ea6088d52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I managed to get out of London just before 3pm and although slow running from Haywards Heath at least I got back. Some scary pictures on twitter of how dangerously overcrowded the platforms at Haywards Heath were this evening.

Hopefully the buses are better organised than they were for the services back from Brighton towards Worthing on Saturday evening where there was just one double decker running per hour.
Less buses mean less cost and greater SASTA director bonuses !!!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Also I submitted two lots of delay reclaim the other days, two lots of three because their shit website only let's you make 3 claims a time and I haven't received any acknowledgement so no doubt will have to go through the farce again.

The new system is odd. It takes several days for the email conformation to come through. Not sure why that is?

However they have been an awful lot better at paying up. I was nearly 3 months behind a while back now I'm only waiting on the last two strikes and a couple of others including last night.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Waiting at Three Bridges with probably a couple of hundred people for a bus to Brighton.

Hopefully taxi to Worthing will be sorted out there.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a late night bat in the vicinity of Three Bridges station I would be eternally grateful

49498_933475_party.jpg

Sorry. Couldn't resist it. You have to laugh or else you'd cry. :down:

Seriously, I hope that you and everyone else finally got home safely and that you will be billing GTR for the cost of any additional taxi expenses involved - through the Small Claims court if necessary. Only thing they'd understand. The problems on the rail melting wasn't their fault. The failure to provide alternative transport to get you to your destination however...

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here