Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You're not entertaining me, so I'm checking out the enemy forums

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Really? From this thread they are booking their hotel for the Play Off Final.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/237529-play-off-dates-confirmed/

I nearly did not bother to include Wednesday at all. If we don't beat Burnley we might have to play them at Wembley. Worse we could play them over two legs. Worse because they do not seem likely to be exciting, more nerve-wracking.

I did not look at the Wednesday forum since before we played them (they only paid £20 to get in). Must be feeling more upbeat. They have a habit of thinking they are better than they really are. Wednesday got 29K because of cheap tickets last time out.

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
There is some bloke on Derby's forum who thinks that our team is largely based upon the team that made the play offs in 2014. If they all think this its no wonder they would like to play us in the play offs.

http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/22369-lets-assume-play-offs/?page=3

If it comes to it I just hope that we can keep Kuszcak, Ward, Upson, Andrews, Orlandi, Ulloa, JFC, Buckley, Lingard, Mackail Smith and Ince all fit.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
There is some bloke on Derby's forum who thinks that our team is largely based upon the team that made the play offs in 2014. If they all think this its no wonder they would like to play us in the play offs.

http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/22369-lets-assume-play-offs/?page=3

If it comes to it I just hope that we can keep Kuszcak, Ward, Upson, Andrews, Orlandi, Ulloa, JFC, Buckley, Lingard, Mackail Smith and Ince all fit.

That was a decent side wasn't it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Christ - Brum are going to have a massive say in this potentially

They're trying to get Kyle Lafferty on loan as Donaldson's goals have dried up.
Once they rediscover scoring form they will give anyone a tough game.

Remembering the Boro game in December I'm holding back from predicting anything until Burnley is done & dusted. Get through that okay and I might just start to dream

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I can't think of a forum outside the Premier League big clubs that are anywhere near as busy as NSC or the subject matter so diverse. It's brilliant here

We have 4x as many members as the Derby forum which is one of the more active.

PG

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
I too in my hours of boredom on a Monday morning have been looking through the enemy forums as well .... most are delusional, some still don't recognise us and this one made me spit out my coffee ..... ala Middlesbrough

I did the Table Calculator on worldfootball.net earlier this morning (an hour waiting for a bloody train at Clapham Junction...). This is what mine came out with:

1 - Burnley - 88pts
2 - Boro - 88
--------------------------
3 - Hull - 85
4 - Sheff Wed - 80
5 - Derby - 79
6 - Brighton - 77

Burnley with a +32 goal difference, Boro with a +31... Now that'd be a dramatic end to the season!

I believe that's the quote of an exceptional meff and can't be taken as the views of the whole forum.

Every club has such a poster.

There's a guy on the Derby forum who was convinced till just TWO games ago they were going up in the autos because...wait for it...the ghost of Brian Clough had visited him in a dream and told it was to be so. Furthermore that the OP HIMSELF had a pivotal role to play in the rams promotion.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I too in my hours of boredom on a Monday morning have been looking through the enemy forums as well .... most are delusional, some still don't recognise us and this one made me spit out my coffee ..... ala Middlesbrough

I did the Table Calculator on worldfootball.net earlier this morning (an hour waiting for a bloody train at Clapham Junction...). This is what mine came out with:

1 - Burnley - 88pts
2 - Boro - 88
--------------------------
3 - Hull - 85
4 - Sheff Wed - 80
5 - Derby - 79
6 - Brighton - 77

Burnley with a +32 goal difference, Boro with a +31... Now that'd be a dramatic end to the season!

So we only get another 6 pts, what a load of drivel

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't think of a forum outside the Premier League big clubs that are anywhere near as busy as NSC or the subject matter so diverse. It's brilliant here
You're welcome.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

It's off topic but I've got to agree. I love NSC because we'll argue all day long about everything under the sun but we're united by one thing. There is so much fried gold on this forum... World's Hardest Creature, More Snow Tomorrow, Running, Word Association, The Drinking Thread, all the politics you could wish for, The Live Music Thread and, as I live outside Sussex, it's often the fastest way for me to catch up with what is happening on a match day. On the rare occasions when I do dip into rival forums I almost always think "meh!"

Last edited:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
It's off topic but I've got to agree. I love NSC because we'll argue all day long about everything under the sun but we're united by one thing. There is so much fried gold on this forum... World's Hardest Creature, More Snow Tomorrow, Running, Word Association, The Drinking Thread, all the politics you could wish for, The Love Music Thread and, as I live outside Sussex, it's often the fastest way for me to catch up with what is happening on a match day. On the rare occasions when I do dip into rival forums I almost always think "meh!"

It is a great forum, I've never seen anything anywhere near as good on other clubs forums

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
It's off topic but I've got to agree. I love NSC because we'll argue all day long about everything under the sun but we're united by one thing. There is so much fried gold on this forum... World's Hardest Creature, More Snow Tomorrow, Running, Word Association, The Drinking Thread, all the politics you could wish for, The Live Music Thread and, as I live outside Sussex, it's often the fastest way for me to catch up with what is happening on a match day. On the rare occasions when I do dip into rival forums I almost always think "meh!"

And as our response to Shoreham and lots of threads show, we actually try to support one another too. Bloody love NSC

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Spot on that man, though you've somehow neglected to mention the always glorious Bellcheeses at Work thread...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here