Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your best away day

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have probably told this story before,at the station coming home they were handing out posters(small ones) cannot remember what was on them something I am sure about us going into the 1st division.
so I took mine home and thought it a good idea to put it into the window, staggering about it took me ages to get it straight sellotape everywhere but after some time I got it right and went to bed.
went out the next day (I have this idea it was to see them digging up the goldstone for a new pitch?) but on turning around to see my good work only to find I had put it upside down.
pissed,stupid that night but so happy

We're there really 2000 people at the station that Sunday morning ?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
March '09 away to Orient. We lost but I met Mrs Van Winkle for the first time drinking in Camden after the game. 7 years later and still going strong.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

probably it was packed, I hugged many people I did not even know, then off to my mates house to drink even more, then walked/staggered home to Fishersgate

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't decide.

Newcastle in 1979. Got there late but left with a piece of geordie turf.
Nottingham Forest in 1979. We were bottom and beat the reigning European Cup holders and ended their tremendous unbeaten home record.
Liverpool in FA Cup 83. First ever trip to Anfield and not expecting too much. (Second visit wasn't too bad as we came from 2 goals down to tie. Third visit was only laughingly memorable for Dunks failed ball juggling on the line!)
Sheffield Wed, FA Cup 83. Never in your wildest dreams when I first started watching the Albion.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
hereford,no explanation needed!
peterborough,the snowy one late eighties?
fulham this season,took my son for his first albion away
any of the leyton orient awaydays around the time of the troubles and mickey adams first spell in charge.my best mate was an orient fan so that and the fact that those matches seemed to have an edge at that time made them a bit special for me

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm surprised some folk have the Peterborough United match in 1986. All I remember is being the coldest I have ever been at any football match. I reached the stage where I didn't care about the result, I just wanted to go home.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Yes Just checked with person I went with Chelsea replay. Still apart from Wembley biggest crowd I have seen Albion play in front of

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Going back probably the McShane palace game was a laugh. I didn't enjoy the Hereford game, too tense, so not that. More recently I took my son to the Bristol City game, and instead of our usual perch at the front of the stand, I took him in among the singers. He loved it, which made me happy, so I'll say Bristol a fortnight ago. On a similar note taking my eldest daughter to Crewe and youngest daughter to Swindon for their first away games are significant to me, so them as well..

:)

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
1991 2nd leg of the playoff semi at the Den. Crazy scenes when are second went in. Away fans held in for about an hour after the match and there was still Millwall fans waiting for us outside to have a go!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

I couldn't get off work (in Weymouth) to get to Newcastle but was at Brighton station when the train got back. Memory poor but something like 1am
The station was packed and crazy. The team were on the train with the fans.
Once everyone dispersed we had to figure how to get back to Burgess Hill. Train to Haywards Heath and walked home. Very drunk. very late.
Still upset that I missed that game. My biggest regret as an Albion fan.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Hereford - never cried at football before or since
Leyton Orient Dec 77 - Paul Clark from 60 yards
FA Cup Semi
Brentford - Nels
Missed Anfield and Newcastle

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hereford, possibly followed by Forest Ulluoaaaa as I shared this with all the family which made it more special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here