Votes: 81 59.1%
  • No it's not

Votes: 56 40.9%

• Total voters

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
May be wrong, but do the players look like they have total confidence in what is expected of them, and how they are expected to play ? Do they look to Hypia for inspiration and instructions when things aren't working out. Do they all give the impression they are giving their all for their manager ? Maybe it's not just the manager, we have had so many departures and arrivals, players and management over the last 18 months, perhaps some of the players don't feel the same connection to the club and fans. There is plenty to be said for continuity and stability. That said, I hope we win well today, confidence returns, we climb the table and Hypia proves to be a success for us

The only two areas I've seen (if you could call it that) a deficit in confidence have been the forwards and the keeper. Stocko has been a bit shakey to start with, and that wasn't helped by some fans immediately getting on his back so I very much hope his performance at Huddersfield, and indeed some other decent games he's had that have been ignored, will be a real boost for him. I think the new strikers need a goal to settle them all, despite what some may have you think they're far from awful players. COG has done a decent job whenever I've seen him, Baldock has shown some signs of what he can do and Colunga hasn't even been played as an out and out striker as far as I can tell. If the club are looking for a bit of extra firepower on loan, I'd love to see Yaya Sanogo in the stripes.

Yes, I do think the players have been giving their all. I'm not one for demanding endless shows of passion from players or managers but if you want an example, from what people have said (I wasn't at Hudds) you could see what it meant to Stockdale by the way he celebrated the goal and with my own eyes, the players look mighty pissed when we lose.

With regards to the upheaval argument, I agree to a degree. The Brighton philosophy for the past however many seasons has been built around the side having a cohesion and understanding of each other. That is one of the reasons I think why we generally perform better in the second half of the season for the team and new signings have adjusted and settled with one-another. Its just taken longer due to the sheer turnover of players.

imho.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Where did you get that from?

An ex-Albion pro was suggesting this immediately after the Middlesbrough game. I don't know if he was basing this on conversation with player(s) or was speculating based on the nature of the performance after we conceded the 2nd goal when it did seem like we completely gave up.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No, I think we are playing well in most games and have had patches of dominance in all games, it is a new squad, new manager and it is taking time to click but I still think it will, and today could be the day.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Well if we slip into the relegation zone then he will probably go, but if he can lose and still remain 21st place maybe he will get another week.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
For me this is a must win. If we don't and it's down to the way we are set up/playing/team selection, then I'll be a Sami Out!
However I can see the board sticking with him right up until it's too late.

My thoughts as well, nothing to do with sub standard players, it's all down to the system he is playing. 1st rule must be keep it tight at the back and we get caught time and time again on the break

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He is doomed, it is now only a matter of time. Been given a poor deck of cards and playing them appallingly. Even a few wins won't save him, at best he is here until the summer

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
He will still be here, no matter we if lose, draw or win - ASLONG as we are not in the relegation zone he will be fine

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Rotherham, Bournemouth, Wigan & Blackburn before next international break, anything less than 6 points from these and IMO he'd have to go, it'd give a new manager 6 weeks to assess squad before transfer window reopens

I think that's right. I do wonder whether Nathan Jones has ambitions himself...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I don't think i'll suddenly be roaring for his riddance if we fail to do in the Rotherers. I expect us to, and my head may boil and opinion turn for moments if we don't, but i don't want to be one of the screamers for change when we as of yet have no standard, other than that of not quite winning games. We're not as we were without forces and presences such as Upson and Ulloa, but that doesn't mean we're without skill, heart or venom. A number of the howlers begged for us to play attacking football the last few years, bemoaning our possession-based football and calm, and i tend to notice us now doing that, but of course more fragile in defence with so many far forward. I remain with hope and today will administer a cool-hearted slapping to our foes without a Dunk hattrick.

What [MENTION=282]Meade's Ball[/MENTION] said.

Last edited:

Trust in Tony

Banned
Aug 17, 2014
Worthing
If we play poor and are losing .The first ever what a load of rubbish and loud calling for the managers head for the first time in the amex era. But let's hope we win and the above does not happen.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
An ex-Albion pro was suggesting this immediately after the Middlesbrough game. I don't know if he was basing this on conversation with player(s) or was speculating based on the nature of the performance after we conceded the 2nd goal when it did seem like we completely gave up.

If it was anyone other than Mayo I'd listen ???

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I think it is.

Not in the sense that he will get sacked today if we don't win. But, more, that if he doesn't win today then he will only have a few games left to save his job.

Today could be the beginning of the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here