Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strong rumour (Re: January Sales)

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I wonder how Oscar feels about our top players being sold if this speculation is correct?

I guess if he has been promised a decent chunk of the income from Bridders and Ulloa for replacements - and already has a shopping list, then he may feel ok?

I would be sorry to see Liam and Ulloa go but £9m might be difficult to resist. Mind you finding replacements of a similar calibre won't be too easy, especially if only a portion of the income is available for transfers.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Strong rumour

Said it before, ALL players will have interest from other clubs and yes we will always get offers for ALL of them. That includes Leo.

Doesn't mean we have to sell.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Would need a £10M+ bid for Spanish Len just to start the negotiations.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Also Bridcutts fee will be undisclosed.

scooter1

How soon is now?
If the 3m for Liam is correct, then that's a fantastic bit of business for us. He's a good player, but I'm not sure he suits OG's preferred method of getting forward quicker. We have looked just as good without him this season, and so we may as well cash in now. We have the squad in place to absorb the loss of Liam, however not Ulloa if there is any truth to the Hull rumour

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
QPR rumored to be about to bid £5m for Nickia Jelavic, surely Hull would be better off looking there than spend an extra £1m on a championship striker?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ulloa is not worth £ 6m. He has played Championship football and second division football in Spain and is 27. He is good but £ 4m would be a good offer. He can fire us up to the premier league and would be impossible to replace so Bloom would not sell but at £ 6m he may have to consider as that is silly money and a £ 4m profit.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And Bridcutt is worth £ 4m all day.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Ulloa is not worth £ 6m. He has played Championship football and second division football in Spain and is 27. He is good but £ 4m would be a good offer. He can fire us up to the premier league and would be impossible to replace so Bloom would not sell but at £ 6m he may have to consider as that is silly money and a £ 4m profit.

Charlie Austin signed for QPR for £4mil, IMO Ulloa is a much better player and will score just as many goals so min £6.5mill would be an excellent return and will open the door for others to join us. On another note, Conway was an unused sub for Cardiff today. Apparently he didn't see eye to eye with Malky so I reckon we may have seen the last of him now Ole is in charge , I hope not Ulloa and Conway will be awesome . keep the faith

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
We'll not sign as good a striker as Ulloa, however much we pay, so we'll be stuck in this div for a good while longer[/

That's the spirit!

I don't think Oscar came here only to then have key squad players sold from under him - so I hope there is an agreed strategy behind this.

Maybe the income from these deals would be where Oscar has a chance to bring in his own players, including from abroad? I'll be positive and hope there will be some interesting signings ahead.

I'm sure that Tony Bloom hasn't changed his ambition for us to be in the Prem within the next season or two and knows we can't get there without having a squad at least as strong as we have now. Complying with FFP and competing against parachute payments won't make this any easier, so we need the biggest bang for our precious bucks.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not to say its not true. However i know he was looking at a 5 bedroom house to rent in ovingdean last week. Of course this doesnt mean he is staying though.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne

Exactly what i was thinking.

Lol at people saying the bidding starts at 10 million.

Obviously an integral player for us, but i would find it very hard not to sell for 6 million.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here