Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Saturdays game against Fulham

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
At least one person said that in his opinion Montoya looked better than Bruno.

After the cup game I think I would sooner have Steele as back up to Ryan but not really sure.

Now that does veer off topic......when did you last watch Steele play a game

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now that does veer off topic......when did you last watch Steele play a game
You are talking to the poster who wanted to throw Ryan under the bus after his debut and first couple of games.

I guess it's tough to learn when you are #NeverWrong.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ryan

Montoya Duffy Balogun Bong

Jahanbakhsh Stephens Propper March

Groß

Locadia

Subs:

Button
Bernardo
Murray
Bissouma
Knockaert
Barclay
Gyokeres.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
From the outset I liked Schellotto but I think that he showed some very good points last season filling in for Bruno but also some terrible ones which unfortunately outweighed the good. What I was saying is that it is too early to trumpet Montoya yet, give him a few games to continue to show his ability before voicing an opinion.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that everyone (including you) should hold tight for a while on every subject before 'voicing an opinion'.
Your post count will really slow in that case.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ryan

Jahanbakhsh Stephens Propper March

Groß

Locadia

Subs:

Button
Bernardo
Murray
Bissouma
Knockaert
Barclay
Gyokeres.

So you've gone with Jahanbakhsh and Locadia who failed to impress v Southampton instead of Knockeart and Murray who had cracking games against MU? Interesting one that...

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Not sure what the debate is here because - assuming no last minute injuries - we all know what the starting line up will be:
Ryan
Knockaert Stephens Propper March
Gross
Murray

Ali for Knockaert around 70 mins
Bassouma or Kayal for Gross around 75 minutes depending on if we are chasing or defending the match
Locadia for Murray around 80 mins

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not sure what the debate is here because - assuming no last minute injuries - we all know what the starting line up will be:
Ryan
Knockaert Stephens Propper March
Gross
Murray

I know, it is unfathomable really how this isn't the shortest starting XI thread ever! :shrug:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So you've gone with Jahanbakhsh and Locadia who failed to impress v Southampton instead of Knockeart and Murray who had cracking games against MU? Interesting one that...

We must start to integrate players otherwise we'll never develop the squad. I went to play for a new club once (much, much lower level) and stepped up a couple of layers and it took me a good couple of months to adjust but once I'd adjusted it was fine.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We must start to integrate players otherwise we'll never develop the squad. I went to play for a new club once (much, much lower level) and stepped up a couple of layers and it took me a good couple of months to adjust but once I'd adjusted it was fine.

They both started this week and failed to really make a case. Difficult in a changed side, but still, you'd want something to grab onto before throwing them in at the expense of 2 of our best in-form players? Not for me. This is top flight professional football, every point is a prisoner and we're up against a decent side in Fulham who we will be competing against at the end of the season I suspect.

Experimenting and integrating players can happen as sub, in the cup or free hits like the top 6 away, anyone especially at home, we really have to play the strongest available XI, and right now that is a long way from being Jahanbakhsh or Locadia imho.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
They both started this week and failed to really make a case. Difficult in a changed side, but still, you'd want something to grab onto before throwing them in at the expense of 2 of our best in-form players? Not for me. This is top flight professional football, every point is a prisoner and we're up against a decent side in Fulham who we will be competing against at the end of the season I suspect.

Experimenting and integrating players can happen as sub, in the cup or free hits like the top 6 away, anyone especially at home, we really have to play the strongest available XI, and right now that is a long way from being Jahanbakhsh or Locadia imho.

Fair comment

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Unless there are new injuries, the starting eleven looks certain. Gross always gets substituted, so I’m also sure we will see Bissouma, hopefully before the 65th minute.

I think the real question is how CH should respond to any injuries, if we are behind or a long way in front. I assume that as things stand Locadia would come on for Murray, but he really doesn’t look the part at all. Is it possible that CH might bring Gyokeres off the bench, particularly if we are winning. Clearly AJ would replace Knockaert and would also be a possibility to come on for March. Kayal (and perhaps Bissouma) would be covet for Stephens and Propper. In defence Bernardo might be first choice cover for all four positions.

I think the point I am making is that if Murray is tired, injured or sent off, we don’t have great options compared to everywhere else on the pitch...

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fair comment

Incidently, I was at a club, and played at centre half with never the same pairing in consecutive games and probably 8 different players over the season - I was ever present in each league game, and I think came 2nd in the player of the year votes. Next season we had a few new players, and I was apoplectic when the manager told me he was dropping me for the first fixture to 'give the new lads a chance'. That was my shirt to lose, not to be gifted to someone else. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here