Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham travel

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I take it you can easily get back to Victoria for midnight ,??
I was just planning on train to Victoria and tube to Stratford.
The last train back (to Worthing) leaves LV at 00:05. Surely that's more than enough time to get there from Stratford, no?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was just planning on train to Victoria and tube to Stratford.
The last train back (to Worthing) leaves LV at 00:05. Surely that's more than enough time to get there from Stratford, no?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Should be ok......WHU pal told me it can take 45-60 mins to get on to the tube after a game - then it's either Central Line to Oxford Circus, or the Jubilee line to Westminster or Green Park then change for a Victoria-bound tube which is another 30 mins or so in total (Central Line probably marginally quicker but I haven't checked)

HankSkorpio

Jan 2, 2011
Eastbourne
Drive to Haywards Heath Station.
Train to Victoria
Tube Victoria to Kings Cross St Pancras
Train St Pancras Int to Stratford Int.
Reverse after.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I was thinking of driving and parking at Westfield but came across this on line as something they were looking at. Does anyone know if they ever put this into place.

They want to give sufficient discouragement to spectators to ensure significant numbers do not use the Westfield car parks on event days whilst allowing Westfield customers to make use of the car parks on event days without financial penalty.

To achieve this, drivers will be able to re-programme their parking token during the period of the match so it will subsequently allow them to depart without incurring increased charges. This will be facilitated by the provision of “event day” token machines provided across each level of shopping and retail. Those who have attended the stadium event will be unable to re-programme their token as this facility will only be available whilst the event is on. The spectators will face punitive parking charges on departure if they have not re-programmed their token during the period that the event is on. The re-programming facility will be made available from ten minutes after the beginning of
an match (Start + 10) to visitors to Westfield who have existing parking tokens. Any driver who arrived earlier than ten minutes after the beginning on a match (Start + 10) and intends on departing the car park any time between ten minutes prior to the end of a match (End – 10) and two hours after the end on a match (End + 120) will be told that they must re-programme their token using the machines available during the event period to avoid significantly higher exit charges.

If you want to park in Westfield on match days you obviously need to bring a wife, husband, partner or friend and leave them with your credit card to do the shopping while you watch the match in the Olympic Stadium.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If a West Ham supporting HGV driver offers you a lift, probably best to politely decline...

Attachments

• _98357907_mediaitem98356935.jpg
    _98357907_mediaitem98356935.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 502

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
You can always book a local driveway, which means you'll know you'll get parked and it's just a matter of traffic to worry about...

https://www.justpark.com/search/?q=...t+2017&start_time=18:30:00&end_time=22:30:00#

I did this for the Aston Villa match last season - big mistake, the house/driveway was within the pedestrianised Police cordon outside Villa Park. Complete waste of money as I couldn't access the pre-paid space. Not a good day of course, but that just compounded the misery :(

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Should be ok......WHU pal told me it can take 45-60 mins to get on to the tube after a game - then it's either Central Line to Oxford Circus, or the Jubilee line to Westminster or Green Park then change for a Victoria-bound tube which is another 30 mins or so in total (Central Line probably marginally quicker but I haven't checked)

Im headed back to worthing too, planning on getting the jubilee line to London bridge and there are two trains 23:08 & 23:42 that get you back to worthing......changing (unfortunately) at East Croydon...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I’m told Hackney Wick to Highbury & Islington, Victoria line to Victoria is quickest.

Good call - though I was wondering what the best route is from the stadium to Hackney Wick.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Leisurely journey up by train Friday afternoon. Few drinks and a bite to eat early evening. Cheap hotel locally after the match. Hackney Marshes parkrun Saturday morning, home early pm Sunday. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Im headed back to worthing too, planning on getting the jubilee line to London bridge and there are two trains 23:08 & 23:42 that get you back to worthing......changing (unfortunately) at East Croydon...

Make sure you have a good wash afterwards [emoji23][emoji23]

All the options have potential problems I guess.....if I get away quickly and connections work well it’ll be around midnight at the earliest when I get home by train but I reckon there’s a decent chance I can beat this in the car at that time of night. Can compare notes afterwards !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here