Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis Manu recalled

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15400938.Albion_s_Elvis_has_left_the_building__this_time_for_good/

Elvis Manu's miserable time at Albion is over.

The errant Dutch striker has joined Turkish Super League club Genclerbirligi SK on a free transfer.

Manu stayed behind in Holland while Albion are in Austria on a training camp for details of the deal to be concluded.

He had a year left on his contract with the Seagulls and has joined his new employers on a two-year deal.

Manu, 23, never started a league game after arriving from Feyenoord for £1.5 million two summers ago.

He made 17 appearances in total for Albion, scoring three goals.

Boss Chris Hughton said: "The competition for places in our forward areas means that it has been very difficult for Elvis to play the number of matches he would have liked.

"He has worked hard during his time here, but with his game time likely to be limited again, this is the best move for him.

"It gives him the chance to play regular football in a competitive Turkish Super League, and I would like to wish him all the best for the future on behalf of everyone at the club."

Manu also had loan spells at Huddersfield and Dutch outfit Go Ahead Eagles during his troubled two years with Albion.

Both were cut short for breaches of discipline.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good. So we can finally say that Elvis has left the building.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20170710-214034.png

:Thumbsup: doesnt look convincing IMO

UTT

Jun 27, 2017
He was absolute garbage when he played in our blue and white.

And we all really excited about the news songs that we could use when he came to us on loan:smile:

Anyone interested in a quality Aussie left back we're trying get shut of?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
He was absolute garbage when he played in our blue and white.

Blasphemy! :eek:

Its common practise for a loan player not to be permitted to play against his parent club. I suspect BHAFC and the fans would have been quite okay, had that not been enforced when he was on loan at H.T.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just been looking at foreign players, playing in China, when I bumped into our old sulky Dutchman, Elvis Manu.
Now playing for Beijing Renhe FC :wozza:

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Just reminded me, watching the game at Oxford. I saw Elvis score one of his two Albion goals there four years' ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here