Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What disturbs me is ...

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
All the quotes about the Bobby money going to ....

'The Falmer Farce', 'Wasted on Falmer', 'pumped into non team affairs.'

This transfer has been going on for 3 weeks, Coppell knew, so he knew what he would get for Players, and it was enough. He may even have been quite keen to sell him.

Falmer is VITAL , it is MORE important than any player. I agree we ned players, but lets face it, the team we have now would probably be mid table without Bobby. If we gat Falmer this year, that is the most important result.

Sorry I know it's dull, and we all follow Albion, because we love football and Falmer is not Football, and we want to see new players etc, but just wait for next year if we do get Falmer, and watch this club fly.

:clap2: :clap: :bounce: :bounce: :wave: :cute: :banana: :cheers:

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
StaffsGull said:
All the quotes about the Bobby money going to ....

'The Falmer Farce', 'Wasted on Falmer', 'pumped into non team affairs.'

This transfer has been going on for 3 weeks, Coppell knew, so he knew what he would get for Players, and it was enough. He may even have been quite keen to sell him.

Falmer is VITAL , it is MORE important than any player. I agree we ned players, but lets face it, the team we have now would probably be mid table without Bobby. If we gat Falmer this year, that is the most important result.

Sorry I know it's dull, and we all follow Albion, because we love football and Falmer is not Football, and we want to see new players etc, but just wait for next year if we do get Falmer, and watch this club fly.

:clap2: :clap: :bounce: :bounce: :wave: :cute: :banana: :cheers:

How can you say the current team would be mid-table without Bobby? It is weaker than when we were last in Div2, and then we were shit when Bobby could not play! We are left with no strikers at this time.:nono:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Falmer is the future of the club, but we live in the here and now. Zamora may have been "always going" but how many people really , hand on heart, believe we could have achieved what we did without him?

Dont be so patronising in assuming we do not realise the importance of Falmer. Falmer is going through, we have spent in excess of £2mill on the application.

My fear is there could be a temptation to recouperate some of the spend using the monies from Zammo, especially if we hear the same onld stuff trotted out "...Oh i cant get anyone to come for a decent price now they know we have money to spend...."

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
1 player does'nt make a team...11 players do. Bobby was just class enough to put away the balls he was given, all we need is a simular replacement or 2 new strikers to carry on that effect. I still think we'll do well without Sir Bob...not matter who we get in!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Yes, Falmer is important.
Yes, we'll miss Bobby's goals.
Yes, we trust Steve Coppell's judgment.
Yes, I think you're all worrying too much.
Yes, I think you'll stop worrying so much once the season starts and we have a new hero up front.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
CrabtreeBHA said:
1 player does'nt make a team...11 players do. Bobby was just class enough to put away the balls he was given, all we need is a simular replacement or 2 new strikers to carry on that effect. I still think we'll do well without Sir Bob...not matter who we get in!

And if we can find a "simular (SIC) replacement", they will cost us a fortune!:lolol:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Ok, Ok, let me explain

Firstly,
Dont be so patronising in assuming we do not realise the importance of Falmer. Falmer is going through, we have spent in excess of £2mill on the application.

DTG, I was not being patronising, I was quoting from threads, i.e. 'The Falmer Farce', 'Wasted on Falmer', 'pumped into non team affairs.'

This does not match up with the 'we all know the importance of Falmer, but...' that I have seen.

I just don't think some people realise how important Falmer is. We WILL NOT exist if Falmer fails. We cannot stay at Withdean, for financial or planning grounds. So where then. If the John Prescott says no we are in BIG SHIT, and please remeber anybody who has forgotten, this suituation is not DK's or MP's fault, it is Archer, Stanley and Bellotti's fault.

Dick Knight has put a lot of his own money into the club, for no return. No offence, but I would reckon more than many other rich fans ever will. Des certainly hasn't put much in, time yes, profile yes but money ? FBS has probably as much if not more money than DK, has put a lot less in.

I am not saying these people are bad, but more to the point I am saying DK is GOOD....

Sorry, but that is how I feel.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :flameboun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here