Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Sussex reporting the club are making an announcement at Noon today

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
there's still time for a slight bit of hope - the Albion way is the 6.00 announcement. But Sami's staying isn't he? Oh dear - Boxing Day will be poisonous

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
To be fair I said it would be announced Monday ( midday wasn't my quote ) so I still have a few hours to be saved. Although I agree it is looking increasingly likely I'm going to look like a twonk.

Next time don't keep saying things like " you heard it here first" in the run up !

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I think this unfounded rumour came from a response to Andy Naylors Tweet this morning... some bloked tweeted announcement at 12pm.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
It is clear things are only getting worse under Hyypia and I think retaining him is now down to stubborn pride. The Boards desired outcome for this season was another play off push. During the summer, many of us on here realised the chances of that were non existent - mainly due to Burkes dealings. In the meantime, we are told by various board and management figures to judge us in September, we are holding out for quality, Sami will have a squad to challenge for the play offs etc. The club were deluding themselves then and I see the same pattern here. To me Sami looks like he actually wants the board to put him out of his misery. It's a shambles and removing Hyypia should be just the start of Tony's attempts to salvage our championship status.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
One little snippet of good news tucked away in there:

On-loan Gary Gardner is due to return to Aston Villa from Albion in January.

Yeah, Thanks. Bye. :wave:

Unless we extend the loan, which of course may still happen.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It is clear things are only getting worse under Hyypia and I think retaining him is now down to stubborn pride. The Boards desired outcome for this season was another play off push. During the summer, many of us on here realised the chances of that were non existent - mainly due to Burkes dealings. In the meantime, we are told by various board and management figures to judge us in September, we are holding out for quality, Sami will have a squad to challenge for the play offs etc. The club were deluding themselves then and I see the same pattern here. To me Sami looks like he actually wants the board to put him out of his misery. It's a shambles and removing Hyypia should be just the start of Tony's attempts to salvage our championship status.

This. All of it

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
the club is a joke at the moment, shedding money left right and centre with this situation. Wont improve until he goes and someone with fresh ideas on how best to get the best out of a very poor set of players happens. To me its a no brainer, just getting rid of Hypia will raise the mood around the camp and may even bring along a few extra 1000 people on Boxing Day. Stays as it is and I can see a very poor turn out and relegation by end March.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

That all rings very true, I'm afraid. I'd like to think the decision not to get rid of Hyypia is a sound strategy based on some confidence that he will suddenly morph overnight into a better manager...but I fear it may be stubbornness, and a 'We won't be dictated to' defiance. Problem is, we're running out of time to save ourselves and he can't inspire the team. We already need a hugely better second half of the season.

I'm not sure the board really did go for it (promotion) this season, but possibly had a misplaced confidence that we had enough in hand to finish mid-table. That did not take account of some of the recruitment done by teams like Brentford, which was excellent. Complacency?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here