Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Veg is nice to eat raw?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Raw leek, thinly sliced and served with a very, very mature cheddar and a savoury pickle are delicious. Leek being very oniony in flavour.

Raw veg is great for you in small quantities but too much will have your stomach giving you some right gip.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Raw veg is pretty good for you, I read somewhere that you can/should eat broccoli raw, can't say I understand that.

But it got me thinking about which veg is genuinely a pleasure to eat raw.

My favs are spring onions, radishes, cucumber, tomato, red onion in small amounts. Not a great fan or raw carrot, but that can probably be counted as being reasonably nice raw.

What did I miss?

What veg do you like to eat raw?

Tomato is a fruit. You're welcome.

My faves are celery (with a dab of salt), or spanish onion.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Jesus. I love veg but I'm obviously very dull in my consumption habits. Some of you lot are just insane.

Who looked at some mushrooms and thought 'yeah, I'll pop those in a sandwich, lovely'

And then you've got [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] in the corner there, 'sweetcorn milk' all over his face.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
**** raw broccoli florets, steam that shit and toss in butter. Broccoli stalk raw is where it's at, shaved into salad. BOSH.

broccoli salad....a summer favourite...:thumbsup: marinate the well chopped broccoli in olive oil ,mayo , yoghurt .....refrigerate over night add garlic , pistachio, red onion ..........add crispy bacon bits whilst still hot if you like a bit of meat.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Fruit is a botanical term, its a berry. Vegetable is a culinary term. Tomato is both and he used it in the right context.

Therefor you and the other posters are technically wrong.

Genuinely interested to read that. I always hoped the "tomato is a fruit" claim was not really correct, just because of the smugness with which people declare it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Fruit is a botanical term, its a berry. Vegetable is a culinary term. Tomato is both and he used it in the right context.

Therefor you and the other posters are technically wrong.

Genuinely interested to read that. I always hoped the "tomato is a fruit" claim was not really correct, just because of the smugness with which people declare it.

PlushHappyCockatoo.gif

1385331830_yes_yes_yes_yes.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here