Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Think Pulis can safely be ruled out..

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
This is not a clear cut as people say. He clearly does not have 4 offers as there is only 1 current vacancy. He may have spoken to clubs about possible positions but there is nothing concrete.

Currently all that is available is Palace. Pullis won't be going there. Pardew if he goes will leave a vacancy at Newcastle. I don t think that is a role for Pullis due solely because of the recruitment process and the type of players there.

WBA he may speak to but the set up there has put Sherwood to name but 1 off in the past. That would need addressing to make it possible.

Leicester - he may take if it becomes a available
Hull - if they look to remove Bruce it would be a perfect Pullis job

All depends what he wants and whether he wants to wait or get in a role before January

Personally think it will still be Hughton as Pullis may wait

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
I did say in a previous post the other way round. Pulis to West Brom/ Newcastle or us( Mike Ashley may find it difficult)
Sherwood West Brom or Newcastle.

Mike Ashley is so heavily tied up with pardew, now I don't know if that is still the case but Ashley has never prev reacted to fan power.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Its Chris Houghton .... will be announced tomorrow pm.

2 other NSC users have said they'd heard Pulis was Blooms guest at Fulham tomorrow...... whereas you reckon Hughton is to be unveiled tomorrow PM. One of those must surely be bullshit, I doubt Hughton will be unveiled and Pulis will also watch as Blooms guest.

So whats your source [MENTION=30507]Peter_Taylor[/MENTION] or are you a WUM?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Mike Ashley is so heavily tied up with pardew, now I don't know if that is still the case but Ashley has never prev reacted to fan power.

Rumour is Palace really want Pardew and Ashley will let him go for £6M - would palace pay that ? £6M is cheap if he keeps them up

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not only Hypia the stumbling block was Burke as Pulis made clear to a mutual friend some 3 or 4 weeks ago. I think the best option at the moment is probably Hughton. If it is a question of lacking finance I would consider Peter Reid as No 1with his experience to guide NJ as No2/coach.

:lolol:

Classic BG,

still not a patch on your classic of Thierry Henry as manager with Manu Petit as his assistant :facepalm:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
As much as I really would like to see a top class experienced manager join us, the fact remains that we are not that attractive at the moment, we don't have millions to squander on wages or transfer fees etc and our recent history of retaining managers is not brilliant! the reality is the likes of Pullis etc are way out of our league at the moment, in my opinion.

Sadly, unless Mr Tony decides to raid his piggy bank and make tempting over the top offers to experienced managers I'm sure you're right.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
This is not a clear cut as people say. He clearly does not have 4 offers as there is only 1 current vacancy. He may have spoken to clubs about possible positions but there is nothing concrete.

Currently all that is available is Palace. Pullis won't be going there. Pardew if he goes will leave a vacancy at Newcastle. I don t think that is a role for Pullis due solely because of the recruitment process and the type of players there.

WBA he may speak to but the set up there has put Sherwood to name but 1 off in the past. That would need addressing to make it possible.

Leicester - he may take if it becomes a available
Hull - if they look to remove Bruce it would be a perfect Pullis job

All depends what he wants and whether he wants to wait or get in a role before January

Personally think it will still be Hughton as Pullis may wait

Yes that's logical, but with Bloom there is no open governance, he keeps things so quiet and after the Argus, who got so much wrong in the summer on transfer targets have suddenly posted a this is the two targets story, what about them being wrong and Sherwood being the real target? After all no one mentioned Sami until his appointment and this board doesn't leak confidences.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
2 other NSC users have said they'd heard Pulis was Blooms guest at Fulham tomorrow...... whereas you reckon Hughton is to be unveiled tomorrow PM. One of those must surely be bullshit, I doubt Hughton will be unveiled and Pulis will also watch as Blooms guest.

So whats your source [MENTION=30507]Peter_Taylor[/MENTION] or are you a WUM?
Wake up!

He has been exposed to be a Palace fan by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Peter Reid?? gordon bennett BG are you off your nut, what about Big Ron, David Pleat or Graham Taylor?......is 'resurrect an extinct Dinosaur' on the job description

That was said a little tongue in cheek but the logic is people are suggesting that NJ will be appointed as a cheap option and I think having somebody with experience over seeing him would be a better option than him with another novice assisting him.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Yes that's logical, but with Bloom there is no open governance, he keeps things so quiet and after the Argus, who got so much wrong in the summer on transfer targets have suddenly posted a this is the two targets story, what about them being wrong and Sherwood being the real target? After all no one mentioned Sami until his appointment and this board doesn't leak confidences.

Just out of interest, which clubs are you comparing us with when it comes to open governance?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
We spoke to Pulis about 3 weeks ago about the job. I think if it was going to be him, he'd be here by now. If anyone thinks it's Pulis, get a bet on. He's 16-1 at the moment!!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We spoke to Pulis about 3 weeks ago about the job. I think if it was going to be him, he'd be here by now. If anyone thinks it's Pulis, get a bet on. He's 16-1 at the moment!!
Who says we spoke to Pulis 3 weeks ago? I don't believe that for a second.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who says we spoke to Pulis 3 weeks ago? I don't believe that for a second.

As I have posted many times 3 or 4 weeks ago Pulis told a mutual friend he would not be interested in us under our present recruitment system so we may have just sounded him or his agent out in case needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here