Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most embarassing result in our history - whats yours.....

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
4-1 to Dage....nah, I cant even bring myself to say it. The most disgraceful result in our history. Words cannot express the shame. This is as low as it gets....

Whats the result that made you feel this bad?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Could be 8-2 at home to Bristol Rovers but I would go for the 0-4 home defeat by Walton and Hersham in the first round of the FA Cup. Both results were under the stewardship of one Brian Clough.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Beat me to it bhaexpress! Also the last FA Cup tie at the Goldstone when we lost against some pub team from Suffolk. Sudbury wasn't it? They were (are?) so far down the non-league pyramid that I can't remember their name

Last edited:

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
before this result the 6-1 to Carlisle was up there or maybe even losing to Margate and Enfield in the cup......

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Margate, Enfield ? Bad results indeed but we've had reverses against non league opposition too, Leatherhead for example. I guess you can take heart from the fact that our bad losses were in the FA Cup which is far more high profile than the LDV. We didn't play very well against Forest Green on Monday and it's easy to understand why. It's not easy to motivate players for a game in what is frankly a non event competition. I would suggest that three points for Orient are very much on the cards tomorrow.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Brovian said:
You see? you see? You two CAN be nice to each other! :lolol: :lolol:

i noticed that too !

and while you are there Brovian (and with all due respect to the o/t nature of this post within this thread) Brovian, were you with Atilla on the St Pauli concert at Markthalle in about 93 or 94 ? It was a good night, i had along chat with Atilla and an even longer chat with the girl lead singer of one of the bands....

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yeah as much as loosing to non league opposition is embarassing the palace game last year still sits badly and it wll for as long as it take to avenge the result, if only graham barretts shot hadn't hit the post at withdean that would have eased the pain beating them at ours.

Can't wait until next seaosn when get to go to selhurst again and put write a most horrible wrong.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Thing is, when Watford posts a sensible or relevent message like that he deserves a proper response. When he has a go at somebody like Scott (as he did earlier this week) for doing what he himself has done so often and usually more unpleasantly then yes, I'll have a dig.

To Watford's credit we all extracted the urine and he took it on the chin, held his hands up and took the flak, fair play to him there.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
kidderminster done at the withdean wasn't nice!:(

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Brovian said:
Beat me to it bhaexpress! Also the last FA Cup tie at the Goldstone when we lost against some pub team from Suffolk. Sudbury wasn't it? They were (are?) so far down the non-league pyramid that I can't remember their name

So far down the pyramid that that club in fact no longer exists which makes it worse.

Walton and Hersham for sure

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Brovian said:

Yep - it was Sudbury - cute little ground with white picket fencing to keep the crowds off the pitch - If i remember rightly - the Brighton fans were put in the only stand!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here