Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Good God, will the whingeing and wallowing never cease from the Labour Party supporters on NSC.
Moan, moan, moan. If it wasn't for the thought that Labour would screw up the country and Ed Milliband is not P.M.material, it would almost be worth letting them have a go to see what would happen!

:lolol:

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
This single policy is dominating the press in a very negative way. And its unraveling by the hour. It's cost Cameron a lot of votes. How much are they paying that strategist guy?

The commentariat might not like it, but if you live in a housing association house and could now buy your house at a discount you'll probably feel pretty good about it.

Whether you think it is right or not, most of the electorate will vote for who they think will be best for them. From the manifestos the Tories have a lot more "offers" than labour.

Remember, it's not just about getting people to think you are the best, you need to get them to the ballot box. Unless you are on benefits I can't see why you would vote labour.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The commentariat might not like it, but if you live in a housing association house and could now buy your house at a discount you'll probably feel pretty good about it.

Whether you think it is right or not, most of the electorate will vote for who they think will be best for them. From the manifestos the Tories have a lot more "offers" than labour.

Remember, it's not just about getting people to think you are the best, you need to get them to the ballot box. Unless you are on benefits I can't see why you would vote labour.

Another one bought by the Tory party.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If "bought" means persuaded by what they'll offer me then yes.

But isn't that the whole point?

I hope the "whole point" of an election isn't what the parties can bribe you with. I certainly do not see it that way. It's quite sad that the potential to buy a housing association house has turned your head.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I hope the "whole point" of an election isn't what the parties can bribe you with. I certainly do not see it that way. It's quite sad that the potential to buy a housing association house has turned your head.

But why? If I was living in a housing association house and you were giving me the opportunity to own the home i lived in at a discount why wouldn't it turn my head?

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
But why? If I was living in a housing association house and you were giving me the opportunity to own the home i lived in at a discount why wouldn't it turn my head?
Because Housing associations weren't set up to give people the chance to buy them at a reduced rate and then rent them out at grossly inflated rents which is exactly what would happen in London (and very likely Brighton and anywhere where there is a high demand for rental properties). A selfish bribe is exactly what it is.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] tonights You Gov poll after the BIG Tory bribe

Labour 35%
Tories 33%
UKIP 13%
Lib Dem 8%
Greens 5%

I guess they will be giving away houses tomorrow then

Are we talking about the BIG Tory bribe on IHT ? I don't think the polls will have had time to reflect on the BIG Tory bribes of right to buy and extending the 40p income tax threshold for a couple of days.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The right to buy already unravelling with the HA going to court to seek a judicial review

interesting news, do the housing associations know something we dont?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

As I said on another thread, I did live in HAT house but moved out when I started earning a decent wage - that's what people are meant to do.

But you do raise a good point: how does someone raise the money to buy one? The house I lived in would be on the market now for about £1.4m to £1.5 m. How would someone living in housing association property earn anything like enough (even with the discount) to afford that? I suspect that it when it comes to London properties, very few will be sold

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The right to buy already unravelling with the HA going to court to seek a judicial review

As well as the Housing Associations, The Confederation of British Industry and Jones Lang LaSalle have come out against this ludicrous idea. Even 75% of a Jeremy Kyle phone-in think it's daft. It would seem only Cameron and a couple of muppets on this site support flogging off social housing.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

I don't think putting your family first is selfish, it's a natural instinct.
If you went out of your way to stitch up another family then that would be.
Buying a HA house is not a selfish act, even if some people don't agree with it as a political policy it's not selfish

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Your posts are spectacularly selfish , a true Tory . F. K everyone else as long as you are ok . Great human quality there mate

I'm glad someone has said this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] tonights You Gov poll after the BIG Tory bribe

Labour 35%
Tories 33%
UKIP 13%
Lib Dem 8%
Greens 5%

I guess they will be giving away houses tomorrow then

:thumbsup:

I wonder if they're are any nurses left at A&E to care for the foot Cameron shot himself in yesterday?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Your posts are spectacularly selfish , a true Tory . F. K everyone else as long as you are ok . Great human quality there mate

I really don't think I'm alone in wanting the best for family and that having an influence over who I vote for.

Personally I've actually only voted Tory once in my life and my politics are ever so right of centre. That means I've voted both Labour and Libdem in the past and may well do so again in the future.

My point was about the parties are offering and in my opinion the Tory "offer" is better.

Feel free to persuade me otherwise, or abuse me if you like.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really don't think I'm alone in wanting the best for family and that having an influence over who I vote for.

Personally I've actually only voted Tory once in my life and my politics are ever so right of centre. That means I've voted both Labour and Libdem in the past and may well do so again in the future.

My point was about the parties are offering and in my opinion the Tory "offer" is better.

Feel free to persuade me otherwise, or abuse me if you like.

But are you happy to have what's best for your family at the expense of other more needy people? Personally I'm not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here