Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS Barnes!!!

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Well done Ashley.

£750k looks a good deal now. For Burnley.

Glad to see him doing the business in the PL, Burnley and Dyche are an inspiration to smaller clubs aiming for the top league.
yeah thanks. Where were all these peeps when other peps were slagging off Barnes, without dissenting voices?!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
yeah thanks. Where were all these peeps when other peps were slagging off Barnes, without dissenting voices?!
Empty vessels make the most noise fella.

How we could do with a fighter like Barnes in our team right now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Not sure I 'quite' follow your point, but . . . . yes it is a little annoying that, having seen the back of a player who could be very frustrating (losing his temper when things were not goping his way annoyed me the mostest), he scored a goal tpoday against Manchester City . . . . but . . . . Richard Carpenter scored (for us) against Spurs and Will Hoskins scored (for us) against the Arse. Does that make them great Albion strikers?

Good luck to Barnes. He may well have a long career as a journeyman, with his highlight being his equalizer agin the mighty Citeh today. I enjoyed his time with us, but so it goes . . . he's gone.

Next . . .

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not sure I 'quite' follow your point, but . . . . yes it is a little annoying that, having seen the back of a player who could be very frustrating (losing his temper when things were not goping his way annoyed me the mostest), he scored a goal tpoday against Manchester City . . . . but . . . . Richard Carpenter scored (for us) against Spurs and Will Hoskins scored (for us) against the Arse. Does that make them great Albion strikers?

Good luck to Barnes. He may well have a long career as a journeyman, with his highlight being his equalizer agin the mighty Citeh today. I enjoyed his time with us, but so it goes . . . he's gone.

Next . . .

Barnes scored against Arsenal for us not Hoskins. The other goal was from Ulloa.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Barnes was hounded out by certain NSC idiots.
Ohhh someone's got a high opinion of themselves.
Do you really think Ashley Barnes makes career, financial and family decisions based on the opinions of a percentage of Albion supporters.

He's now earning more money, playing in a higher division, and probably on the receiving end of a decent signing on/promotion bonus, has nothing to do with his transfer.

Barnes went because some complete strangers booed and typed some naughty words.

Get real.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Ohhh someone's got a high opinion of themselves.
Do you really think Ashley Barnes makes career, financial and family decisions based on the opinions of a percentage of Albion supporters.

He's now earning more money, playing in a higher division, and probably on the receiving end of a decent signing on/promotion bonus, has nothing to do with his transfer.

Barnes went because some complete strangers booed and typed some naughty words.

Get real.

Reassuring how many got it right though.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
The best thing about Barnes is that he is keeping Sean Dyche in a job for the time being. Hopefully we can sign up a new manager before Burnley get rid and join the market.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think Springal must be 12 for constantly adding to, or starting threads like this. To all the lickers, get over it, he has gone, should never have sold Peter Ward mind.

Pardon ?

Jan 10, 2014
The best thing about Barnes is that he is keeping Sean Dyche in a job for the time being.

Probably the daftest comment on the whole thread.

Dyche will have a job at Burnley all this season, he will have a job at Burnley even if we are relegated (as long as he wants it).

We aren't Crystal Palace you know.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Probably the daftest comment on the whole thread.

Dyche will have a job at Burnley all this season, he will have a job at Burnley even if we are relegated (as long as he wants it).

We aren't Crystal Palace you know.

Oi stop sucking up !

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
What a cracking goal that was, biggest player-based mistake of the Amex era letting him go like that imo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I said it before he was driven out, and I'll say it again, be careful what you wish for.
Any idea which one of your 7 other posts was absolutely on the ball to prove this specific point?

As [MENTION=30159]jimbob5[/MENTION] says plenty of people seem to enjoy 20:20 hindsight on NSC.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here