Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allardyce Resigns....

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Coleman did OK in the Premier League with Fulham, albeit a good while ago. Apparently they're interested in Marco Silva.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Big Fat Sam is known for speaking his mind, therefore I suspect that what was written in his press release will be broadly true. If it had been about Defoe or other signings he would have said so.

After Palace got burnt by Pulis, I would have thought BFS's contract would have stipulated that his bonus for keeping Palace up would only be paid mid way through the following season.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
He'd never say this, but I suspect this is about money. We know from the England fiasco that Allardyce likes a pound note - greedy is probably the word.

He was widely reported to have got a £2million bonus for keeping Palace up, plus the wages - maybe another £1m, so £3m for five months' work. Add that to the £1m pay-off he got from England, and the £2m last season for keeping Sunderland up, that is £6million plus Sunderland wages in a year and he is set up.

Because some of the stuff in the statement yesterday just didn't ring true, if he felt that then he would have felt it five months ago.

While clearly I'm not that upset, do feel Palace and Parish have been a bit shafted on this one.

TBH, No as a fan, cant speak for the club. Even if it cost us £4 million. Its worth £100 + million to still be there.

If he wants time out then so be it, and the timing gives us 3 months to find a new manager and implement his ways and then to the September transfer window to build his own team.

( I would say it was about 50/50 fans that wanted him there anyway !)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
[/B]

TBH, No as a fan, cant speak for the club. Even if it cost us £4 million. Its worth £100 + million to still be there.

If he wants time out then so be it, and the timing gives us 3 months to find a new manager and implement his ways and then to the September transfer window to build his own team.

( I would say it was about 50/50 fans that wanted him there anyway !)

My 2 good Palace friends are thrilled BFS has gone, although are concerned about who is available to take over....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure there's a loser here.

Palace: survived with a bit to spare, after looked doomed under Pardew. Resignation at the best time to allow time to regroup and make a new hire.

BFS: keeps his "bringing miracle survivals to dog turd teams" record in tact, and a bit more cash in his wallet.

Us: The fear of facing a BFS-inspired Palace has gone, and any change of manager brings some uncertainty. And, other than BFS, their recent record of managerial appointments has been somewhat questionable.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Palace: survived with a bit to spare, after looked doomed under Pardew. Resignation at the best time to allow time to regroup and make a new hire.

BFS: keeps his "bringing miracle survivals to dog turd teams" record in tact, and a bit more cash in his wallet.

Us: The fear of facing a BFS-inspired Palace has gone, and any change of manager brings some uncertainty. And, other than BFS, their recent record of managerial appointments has been somewhat questionable.

I can't recommend more highly Sami Hyppia for them. He's developed as a coach and manager, is more than capable, and will be an excellent fit. Well worth SP getting him in for an interview.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I think there is a lot of truth in what Sam says. Losing the England job was a massive jolt to his pride and he wanted a chance to put right his record. He also has health issues, as we know. That is not to say that come November he won't be tempted by another fire fighting job. They all miss football when they leave, it's like a drug. They all want Sam when fearing relegation, not so much when they are safe. It's just the way it is.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm in two minds here,I feel for Palace. He's their best manager in years... Think of all the jobs that Allardyce has had (Newcastle, Blackburn, Sunderland, West Ham, England), all big pretensions with small minded owners and it's PALACE that manage to break him and drive him from management. I'm also fairly happy to see the back of him as I can't stand him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
he's a good bloke and harder to hate- give me McClaren at Palace any day!
This. Part of the joy of Palace for me is how dislikeable they are in all aspects. Having scummy managers makes it easier to hate them, I don't want them bringing Coleman in. Get the Dutchman in!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

On the whole, I think Parrish appoints managers well. Holloway took them up then when odds on they'd go down, they got Pullis in. Pardew was then an obvious choice and although it ended badly was very close to a Cup Final win before BFS kept them up this season. Not a bad record in my view.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On BBS, some Palace fans would like to make a 'smash and grab' for Chris Hughton. They're delusional!

They Covert our award winning manager! They covet our award winning stadium! They Covet our world class training centre! They covet our professional infrastructure! They covet our beautiful location!

We covet nothing of theirs! Absolutely NOTHING!

End of…

I covet their ability to retain their place in the Premier League for the last however many seasons.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Five.
Which of course means next season they will suffer SSS (Sixth Season Syndrome), so are as good as down.

I hope you are right. Actually I have no gripe with Palarse, they are just another team for me, and with whom we might be fighting to retain our Premier League place next season.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
The day gets better and better!! Perhaps Allardyce has been offered the England manager's role - oh forget he did that remarkably well!!! Joy oh joy.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
My Palace mole says he may we'll be wrapped up in some WHU murkiness which is to hit a fan shortly. Sorry if this is old news, I can't be arsed to read the thread.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
7 managers in 8 years

CPFC2010 - Strong and stable?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here