Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why wasn't Murphy booked for diving last night?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ref messed up moments before & gave us a free kick outside our box when it should've been a Norwich free kick - so even'd it up

I can see that because Sidwell didn't foul the Norwich player, but the latter did handball.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I agree, but some argue that it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity.

A foul's a foul. Those that argue don't know the laws of the game and should refrain from comment.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Definite penalty. It also looked like Howson handled Murray's goalbound header in the second half. Lucky the game wasn't massively important for us!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Anyway all that asides, we have a new song for Stockers, not all bad :smile:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Stonewall.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
It was a penner,also the ref should have pulled up play when Knocker and Dorrans were having a bit of handbags,just one of them nights I suppose,let's get the job done against the Wurzles.

Dorrans should have gone for 2 yellows - 1 for the initial kick at Knockaert (which he did get booked for); but then 2 for the sly headbutt a few seconds later when the first goal went in.

Oh, and yes, it was a blatant Pen!

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Definite penalty. It also looked like Howson handled Murray's goalbound header in the second half. Lucky the game wasn't massively important for us!
The replay for the goalbound header was inconclusive as all you saw was a side view of the incident. I just couldn't tell. Maybe they showed another angle later in the programme.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Did a check on the rules having only just seen highlights from Oz outback.

For some time I have been puzzled why refs never give indirect free kicks for what was called 'obstruction',now called 'impeding'. Hadn't realised that law 12 says that impeding wth contact is DFK offence, and it is not easy to see how impeding with no contact can occur. Some refs on forum I read seemed unaware too, which is slightly worrying......

This seems a blatant case of impeding with contact; failure to award pen made likely 1-1 become 2-0. Ref not penalising Murphy for simulation only adds to view that pen should have been awarded.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The penalty decision may have changed the game however we have had our share of luck this season and we need to get the job done this Saturday but might be Friday come on Cardiff.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Dorrans should have gone for 2 yellows - 1 for the initial kick at Knockaert (which he did get booked for); but then 2 for the sly headbutt a few seconds later when the first goal went in.

Oh, and yes, it was a blatant Pen!

Things do tend to even out. re your comment about Dorrans I agreed ,but Bruno got away with 2 high studs showing tackles either could have been a red card, both should have been at least a yellow card.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here