Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's SHOREHAM like to live in?

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Right, sages of NSC - I need some advice.

At the moment I live in Poets Corner in Hove and like it very much, although I am starting to want a house with garden/parking rather than a flat.

It's a flight of fancy at the moment but in a year or so I'm thinking of putting my flat on the market and moving somewhere thats...

* not too far from a mainline station
* close to brighton
* near the beach
* not a chavpit or god's waiting room

I quite like the look of Shoreham (and places like Newhaven) as it's pretty close to B&H and the prices of houses there are pretty reasonable - what's the place like to live in? any parts to avoid?

Or does anyone else have any suggestions? I'm probably looking for houses between the 220-260K mark (and yes, I know that in a year's time it might be different)

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham is great, loads of pubs and restaurants, UNCLE SAMS, an Airport and a river, easy access to the A27, and to top it all off *I* live here...so therefore its SUPERB!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shoreham is great, loads of pubs and restaurants, UNCLE SAMS, an Airport and a river, easy access to the A27, and to top it all off *I* live here...so therefore its SUPERB!

The Shoreham Uncle Sams is TERRIBLE though Marc, as we have long ago already ESTABLISHED.
Nearest decent one is near the Grenadier in Hove/Hangleton.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Shoreham Uncle Sams is TERRIBLE though Marc, as we have long ago already ESTABLISHED.
Nearest decent one is near the Grenadier in Hove/Hangleton.

no no no no NO you had ONE bad experience if memory serves, besides I've had two in the past week and they have both been WONDERFUL! :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
no no no no NO you had ONE bad experience if memory serves, besides I've had two in the past week and they have both been WONDERFUL! :thumbsup:

Well you must have been lucky then.

As an aside, my lad went to get a KFC in Portslade the other day - but came back empty-handed, cos they'd run out of CHICKEN :jester:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I was born in Shoreham-by-Sea, so I have to recommend it as a place to live. However, the hinterland and environs of Shoreham are lively, as today's most-read stories in today's Argus will testify. These are they:

Sussex man hit by meteorite
Yobs smash windows of Brighton cars
Albion friendly abandoned after 22-man brawl
Worthing driving instructor beaten up in "road rage" attack
Uckfield landlord found hanging after pub fears
Eastbourne boy in hospital with fractured skull following assault
Fire at Southwick recreation ground “started deliberately”
Four people stabbed in Worthing pub fight

These reports make Sussex seem like The Bronx.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Well you must have been lucky then.

As an aside, my lad went to get a KFC in Portslade the other day - but came back empty-handed, cos they'd run out of CHICKEN :jester:

Why do you think that the police found no bodies down Boundary Rd last week?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
what made me laugh is the new fast food chicken place that opened up right next door to KFC in Hove!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
ST, 2 of those didn't happen in Sussex.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
what made me laugh is the new fast food chicken place that opened up right next door to KFC in Hove!!

Ever tried GFC in Church Road Hove, opposite the Blind Busker ?
Their chicken filletburgers open their flaps and piss all over anything KFC has to offer from a GREAT height.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
the beach is great, best place i have ever lived and I have lived all over the sussex and the rest of the UK.

Shoreham is going to become the next Sandbanks .....get in now ,before prices go up big time .
Love Shoreham ...thinking of moving back myself... when i was a kid , we moved from Sarf East London to Ormond Way ( near the beach), and to this day was the moment that changed my life . The houses look as good now as they did in 1963!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here