Votes: 164 61.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 32 12.0%

• Total voters

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Maybe a drum in the middle would sort that

Don’t really like drums but would be willing to give it a trial as long as they can find someone who is shit hot at it and joins in with the chants rather than dictates them.

Maybe Norman Cook and a couple of decks rigged into the stadium PA ...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Massive fat yes from me. "Gross" would work okay with this although Nicky "Rust!" Or "Gus!" would have been better.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Voted no.

The drum sounded dreadful yesterday and I couldn't really make out the words of their songs over it.

The main issue with singing at the Amex is not rocket science. The singers are too spread out across the stadium. The speeding up of songs is caused, in part, by the different pockets of singers trying to keep time with one another.

Huddersfield had half a stand of singers grouped closely together. The Amex will probably never have this because of the way season tickets were initially sold.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
If the North Stand had the right demographic we wouldn't need one so I'm not necessarily convinced it would change much anyway. Huddersfield stopped allocating that entire end for away supporters and moved vocal home fans who wanted to make a noise to half of it. In other words it won't happen here unless we go through such a dreadful spell that we have a whole stand/section vacant to advertise moving to.

Best case scenario is it could happen with safe standing. If we got a section that was loud enough from start to finish the rest of the stadium would follow. This has happened in a few games when the North Stand was as vocal as they should be - Shef Wed, Man City, Newcastle, spells in the recent derby.

Also we need to remember what a drum sounds like when shit is not going well, previous trips to Huddersfield are evidence of that and some more recent ones.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Absolutely no 100%

I was there yesterday and all it required was goal music to finish it off. Not mentioned but they had clackers too.

Each to their own but the atmosphere wasn't that of a football match that ebbs and flows with game.

The players should raise the crowd, the crowd raise the players. Shouldn't require musical instruments.

If you are one for organised fun get a drum.

I hate it with a PASSION completely TIN POT.

Last edited:

DavePage

Yes for me, i’m far enough not to worry.
might drown out the whining, which would be a plus.
Didn’t hurt Toronto FC, which is a fortress. Which also bonds the team to the fans with the team beating the drum in front of the singing fans after a major win

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
Next thing you know, the North Stand turns into a bara, folks are hitting drums for the sake of hitting drums, and everyone is more focused on making noise than the game itself.

I like the English atmosphere. It's organic and passionate.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Maybe a drum in the middle would sort that

Don’t really like drums but would be willing to give it a trial as long as they can find someone who is shit hot at it and joins in with the chants rather than dictates them.

Haven't we got a rather good drum player ( Ben Thatcher ) who's a season ticket holder ? Think we're missing a trick here :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can we have recorders in the Family Stand.

Everybody loves a recorder recital...

...don't they?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The best way to create a good atmosphere is for the team to play positive football, provide a decent performance and score a few goals now and then! A drum has no place in a football ground in my opinion!

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I was at Huddersfield on Saturday and can 100% confirm clackers and drums are not welcome at football. Speaking to Huddersfield fans after, they hate them and feel they would make a good noise without them. Only tinpot clubs have drummers (would never happen with Martin Perry at the club) and think we have leant that clackers are not right for us. After 53 years of watching the Albion, surviving Archer and Belotti,season tickets at Gillingham and Withdean, a drummer would stop me going. They have no place in football, Ask the good fans at clubs, they hate them. Why don’t we get black hoods as well, that will make us great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here