Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Given the 30+ years it's taken plus the recent 92 (+2 play off games) league games to get to the Premier League we haven't waited this long to play Scheletto and prima donna Izzy Brown in such a crucial game.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Probably ok as he started at Bristol City as a right winger before joining Fulham and also did ok for us as right midfield in The Championship but not sure about how he would do in The Prem.
C'mon grandad, right wing in the premier league? He's a championship right back. Sake. Hopefully Hughton will know not to repeat this 'experiment'

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
C'mon grandad, right wing in the premier league? He's a championship right back. Sake. Hopefully Hughton will know not to repeat this 'experiment'

I think CH realizes that LR is no longer Premier class as a right back hence he has bought Matej and Schelotto to bring on as Brunos replacement. but he wouldnt have done any worse today.had he been picked.at right midfield

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Ahhhhh, you've massively missed the point. We shouldn't be writing off right backs playing at right midfield, so comparing the two in anything other than their natural position is a waste of time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ahhhhh, you've massively missed the point. We shouldn't be writing off right backs playing at right midfield, so comparing the two in anything other than their natural position is a waste of time.

I am not writing Schelotto off asa right back just answering your point of how LR would do as right wing/ midfield. He played there in the Championship and was successful in away games so perhaps CH thought it would work at Huddersfield with Schelotto but he was wrong. In In his defence he did admit it at half time but the damage had been done.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Why was he unimpressive at the Christmas party?

He didn’t get involved. He just looked lost in that room full of young fans. The kids were all disappointed he came, instead of Liam Rosenior.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I am not writing Schelotto off asa right back just answering your point of how LR would do as right wing/ midfield. He played there in the Championship and was successful in away games so perhaps CH thought it would work at Huddersfield with Schelotto but he was wrong. In In his defence he did admit it at half time but the damage had been done.

You have my permission to write him off

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rosenior really should be in the bench. He gives cover in many positions and rarely lets us down.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Whilst I understand he wasn't being played in his natural position today but he lacked basic footballing abilities. He couldn't pass, was powderpuff when making a tackle, didn't track back, put in little effort and whenever he went up for a header he seemed more interested in the opposition player next to him than winning the ball. Looked so out of his depth it was unreal. Towards the end of the second half it was like a kids match where nobody wants to pass to the fat mid.

The only buy of the summer that is nowhere near standard for me and after today wouldn't be disappointed if he never wore the colours again.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

He couldn't tackle, pass or track back. Those traits are not mutually exclusive when playing as a right back. He was ****ing awful and I would rather we give a youngster an opportunity.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The guy was making his first start for us and was playing out of position. He did have a pretty woeful game but too soon to write him off.

This. Classic NSC. One poor game, dismiss as dogshit, particularly when the rest of the team were way below par too.

Should be a 3 full game minimum before any player can be properly flamed.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Yep, another negative post but a deserved one.

Possibly one of the most abject individual performance I’ve seen from a Brighton player in circa 24 years, and given the absolute dross we’ve been served up over the years that is some achievement.

Never mind not looking Premier League standard, he doesn’t even look good enough for League One.

I recall a certain Graeme Souness being conned into signing ‘the next George Weah’ in the mid nineties and I’m starting to seriously think the same fate has befallen Chrissy Hughton.

Rarely does Hughton haul players off at HT (unless injured) and on today’s viewing I’ll be very surprised if we see Schelotto against this season.

Woeful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I don't know I think izzy brown ran him pretty close in the useless stakes today.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Whilst I understand he wasn't being played in his natural position today but he lacked basic footballing abilities. He couldn't pass, was powderpuff when making a tackle, didn't track back, put in little effort and whenever he went up for a header he seemed more interested in the opposition player next to him than winning the ball. Looked so out of his depth it was unreal. Towards the end of the second half it was like a kids match where nobody wants to pass to the fat mid.

The only buy of the summer that is nowhere near standard for me and after today wouldn't be disappointed if he never wore the colours again.

Don't blame them seeming he didn't play in the second half. :wink:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I worried when I saw Sportings fans dancing with joy that they’d sold him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here