Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United Images

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I'm not trying to be an arse about it. But you really REALLY need a new website to share these images. Isn't something like flickr better?

If I put them on such a site the Premier League would be having them taken down which is why the videos are now on a Russian YouTube copy site.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Well, not Churchill Sq because I don't live in Brighton, but yes I would and have there is nothing wrong with it, it is the purpose to which images taken are put to that can be wrong. How about all the street images used by newspapers and other media forms? Do you want them to ask permission before using an image? What if the people whose image is used is opposed to what the article is saying?

Street photography and as in this case candid photography are well established art forms photographs in public places need no permissions or how else do you think the Paparazzi get by?

Football grounds aren't public places. Skipping over the fact that you are (knowingly) breaking the Ground Rules of the Premier League and irrespective of whether you justify what you do as art or paparazzi-esque, taking and publishing photos of non-consenting people (especially minors) is intrusive and, in my view morally dubious.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I can see the argument of maybe it's a bit weird, however unintentionally, to take photos of strangers but there's an entire team of BHAFC employed (at least I think they are) photographers who do just that. I've been in a bunch of Snappy's photos over the years and not once has he asked for my permission to publish them on his website, nor does he have to.

I could be barking up the wrong tree as there may well literally be one law for professional photographers and one for amateurs, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't really see the difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here