Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Always Ultras - utter embarrassment to English football

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thank you for finding the right tone - the perfect counter balance to Paul Barber's "Crystal Palace fans letting off some small flares and fireworks". If this stuff had happened at another Ariane Grande style concert there would be a national outcry - why should it be acceptable from brainless Crystal Palace fans at a football match ? I too am surprised that some are apparently indifferent to this.

'old skool' or wanna be ..... pathetic, pathetic half-alive morons.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not apologising for behaviour but why are under 10s at midweek games that finish at 10pm & they won't get home until at least 11pm & many at midnight - on a school night

Not to mention the fact of who it's against & the likelihood of trouble - some parents need to have a word with themselves & the risks they are prepared to put their kids into

You were applauding it yesterday, then 'muttering' about people with a different view. Glad you have now sobered up.

I wish I could say the same about myself. :facepalm::lolol:punk:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My 15-y-o daughter was unnerved by it as well, and she's been to a lot of games with very heated atmospheres from when she first attended an Albion game at a few weeks old.

Our kids are well aware of the numerous terrorist incidents that are sadly all too commonplace and when there's suddenly an almighty bang inside a football ground it is likely to distress some of them. I'm only surprised that some are surprised about that.

Not just kids, I know of a woman who is terrified of fireworks, so,left the match when it started.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fred Smith
Pikey Street
Croydon.

Yea that idea would have worked.
Ticket please. Thank you. Ticket please. Thank you. Ticket please. Ok you have to give your details to that man there. Ticket please.

Meanwhile...
Name and address please. Proof of ID please.
etc.

The people who broke in without a ticket should be prosecuted.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not apologising for behaviour but why are under 10s at midweek games that finish at 10pm & they won't get home until at least 11pm & many at midnight - on a school night

Not to mention the fact of who it's against & the likelihood of trouble - some parents need to have a word with themselves & the risks they are prepared to put their kids into

So, I've 'had a word' with myself and told myself that the game DIDN'T finish at 10pm and that we were back home by 10:30. I've also told myself (because I saw it with my own eyes) that he was fine the next day and, in reality, going to bed a couple of hours later than he normally would really ISN'T an issue.

I've also re-read my above post to myself, that states that he's been to previous Palace games where there hasn't been any trouble like that inside the ground and that there was NO WAY I was going to stop him doing the one thing he loves most in the world, just because of a bunch of wannabe hooligans have come down intent on ruining the experience for him and many others – including their own fans.

But 'thank you for offering your opinions' :thumbsup:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I don't agree with the bangers or flares, and I'd hate us to do the same.

Their ultras - I'm assuming they are meant to be intimidating. Well, they really aren't, they appear to be a bunch of wannabees.

But overall, the Palace fans gave their part in an electric atmosphere for most of the game.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I don't agree with the bangers or flares, and I'd hate us to do the same.

Their ultras - I'm assuming they are meant to be intimidating. Well, they really aren't, they appear to be a bunch of wannabees.

But overall, the Palace fans gave their part in an electric atmosphere for most of the game.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Our kids are well aware of the numerous terrorist incidents that are sadly all too commonplace and when there's suddenly an almighty bang inside a football ground it is likely to distress some of them.

My daughter too and she's older. She said, "I've never worried about an attack or explosions at the Amex before now. I've always felt safe." She had tears running down her face. So thanks for that.

When you're older you quickly rationalise it and see it for what it is, but younger people think and feel things a lot more acutely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here