Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Betting gurus in here please! I'm (sort of) devastated!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Can anyone give a reasonable explanation of why this has been settled as a 'losing' bet?

Ok..unlikely to happen but, surely it should still be an in running bet? It was Brighton-Bournemouth-Southampton

I haven't contacted Betfair yet because I'm going to see if we can pull the miracle off first!

bhatopsth2.png

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It may be head to head games between the three rather than league position but I haven't looked into that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Someone has jumped the gun settling that one. Keep your fingers crossed and fire up live chat if the need arises!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
It may be head to head games between the three rather than league position but I haven't looked into that.

No! It was top club at seasons end! (mini league)

Says South England not South Coast. Would think that includes London?

No! Just Southampton-Bournemouth-Brighton :)

Someone has jumped the gun settling that one. Keep your fingers crossed and fire up live chat if the need arises!

:D. Cheers! Will do!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
I don't think so tbh, you've bet on a head to head league limited to 3 clubs.
This is separate to the Premier League final standings.

The 70/1 odds should have given it away! :lolol:

Sigh, you may be right :cry: But in that case why wasn't it settled until 3rd May when the last fixtures involving the three clubs were played on 28th April?

Thanks all anyway! As Bozza has suggested I will wait to see if we finish above Bournemouth then get Betfair to explain what I actually bet on!

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Soton 6 points
Bournemouth 5 points
BHA 3 points

In the H2H league, I think.

Exactly - head-to-head, not top South Coast Club - which is also why the odds were 70 in early April when we'd already played both of them home and away. Bet's a loser I'm afraid but you've only lost a quid.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Can anyone give a reasonable explanation of why this has been settled as a 'losing' bet?

Ok..unlikely to happen but, surely it should still be an in running bet? It was Brighton-Bournemouth-Southampton

I haven't contacted Betfair yet because I'm going to see if we can pull the miracle off first!

View attachment 96823

You placed that on the 1st April? At that time Brighton had 3 points from 4 games, Bournemouth 5 points from 3, Saints 3 points from 3 - with just Saints-Bournemouth to come - meaning it was impossible to win that bet - so why are they giving you odds?

Is it legal to give odds on something that has a 100% chance of losing?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Exactly - head-to-head, not top South Coast Club - which is also why the odds were 70 in early April when we'd already played both of them home and away. Bet's a loser I'm afraid but you've only lost a quid.
And face.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You placed that on the 1st April? At that time Brighton had 3 points from 4 games, Bournemouth 5 points from 3, Saints 3 points from 3 - with just Saints-Bournemouth to come - meaning it was impossible to win that bet - so why are they giving you odds?

Is it legal to give odds on something that has a 100% chance of losing?

Bookies take bets on daft things like the world ending on a certain date don't they ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here