Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Old Squad Photo from 1982/83. Could you help identify the players?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
image1.jpeg

Thanks!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Front row: Mark Fleet, Matthew Wilshire, Mickey Thomas, Jimmy Case, Gary Stevens, Mike Bailey (manager), Gerry Ryan, Don Shanks, Steve Gatting, Michael Robinson, Neil Smillie.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Front row: Mark Fleet, Matthew Wilshire, Mickey Thomas, Jimmy Case, Gary Stevens, Mike Bailey (manager), Gerry Ryan, Don Shanks, Steve Gatting, Michael Robinson, Neil Smillie.

I was just typing that third from left at the front was Mickey "Does You Mrs Know You're Here?" Thomas, perhaps the biggest back to front ever to stain this great club. Younger readers need to conjure up a Ryan Harley / Leon Best hybrid with the mustache of a child molester and a thumb print on the forehead that could only have been administered by an angry ladyboy.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The middle row is:-

George Aitken, John Collins (Coach), Neil McNab, Andy Ritchie, Sammy Nelson, Graham Moseley, Unknown goalkeeper, Perry Digweed, Steve Foster, Gordon Smith, Tony Grealish, Mike Yaxley (Physio) and Brian Eastick (Assistant Coach).

I'll work on the top row, but [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] will be able to assist.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thanks AZ. Hope you are keeping well. Have you seen this image before?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thanks AZ. Hope you are keeping well. Have you seen this image before?

Annoyingly, only the top right portion of it, in the Argus in an article about Brian Eastick! So I'm absolutely delighted you posted it!

Do you have a similar one from the 1981-82 season with the full squad? Again, I've only seen a poor quality version that was in the Argus a while back.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Annoyingly, only the top right portion of it, in the Argus in an article about Brian Eastick! So I'm absolutely delighted you posted it!

Do you have a similar one from the 1981-82 season with the full squad? Again, I've only seen a poor quality version that was in the Argus a while back.

Oh no. I did not know that existed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We need to get in touch with Brian Eastick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here