Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fosters Radler - alcohol free - I'm struggling with this whole concept.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
When I drive to a BBQ at someones house, I will often drink a few shandies. This would normally consist of a lovely lager and a bottle of lemonade. I'll pop to the kitchen, or if I'm lucky the BBQ organiser will, and make a nice chilled shandy in a lovely pint glass.

When I drive to a BBQ that is say on the beach, I don't want to be taking lager and a bottle of lemonade, pouring it myself and drinking from a plastic cup. This is where Foster's Radler comes in.

Fosters Radler, chilled, on a hot day, is lush. Fact.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can someone please help me out.

View attachment 56268

1) Nobody really likes Fosters.

2) Why then mix it with squash.
Foster’s Radler 2.0% is a refreshing mixed drink that combines 60 per cent citrus-flavoured soft drink with 40 per cent Foster’s lager. The most refreshing option of this summer's new drinks, the radler was developed especially to please Finnish taste buds. The beverage’s alcohol content is 2%.

c) After producing a 2% monstrosity why then feel the need to go alcohol free.

4) Who the hell buys this stuff.

Oh and Le Tour starts again tomorrow, so just humour me, I'll be gone soon.

News reached me this weekend that radler was invented for cyclists. so it's your fault.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2014/jul/31/craft-beer-shandy-five-recipes

Wonder what [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] thinks of this all? CRAFT SHANDY?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
News reached me this weekend that radler was invented for cyclists. so it's your fault.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2014/jul/31/craft-beer-shandy-five-recipes

Wonder what [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] thinks of this all? CRAFT SHANDY?
That'll be German cyclists, they are a breed apart.

I think you'll find a true Brit bicyclist likes nothing more than the rotting aroma of a flagon of Old Grumble Belly, on a hot summers day.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Alcohol free lager I actually get. It's been around years, the first was Kaliber (sp?) which my dad sometimes drank if he had to drive home from a gig. I vaguely remember it not quite tasting the same.

It's the Radler bit I don't get. Take something that tastes awful and pour something that tastes awful in to it. Er, no.

There was something called Dansk I think, came out before Kaliber, it was 0.5% alcohol or something, whereas Kaliber was 0% alcohol, so Billy Connoly told us in the adverts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Mate's getting over a serious heart operation and has to go a bit easy on the alcohol. We went in the Master Mariner in the Marina one very hot day a couple of weeks back and I suggested a Radler. So we asked for one. Gormless bar manager gave us a lecture on how he'd ordered in a case of Radler last November and it took him six months to sell, so he certainly wasn't going to get any more in. The concept of it being a refreshing summer drink was just WHOOSH! :dunce:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
i think they list it as 0.01% as there maybe residue alcohol. its marked as beer, so comes under the law as over 18 only, but bizarrley you can buy shandy with 0.5% ABV from 16.

You can buy cans of shandy like Ben Shaws etc (marked as less than 0.5% alcohol) at any age, as they are categorised as a soft drink. There was some uproar in the papers recently when a primary school suspended a child for drinking it.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
My favourite tipple currently! Absolutely delicious. I accidently bought the lime and ginger version and after the initial shock grew to like it too.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Can someone please help me out.

View attachment 56268

1) Nobody really likes Fosters.

2) Why then mix it with squash.
Foster’s Radler 2.0% is a refreshing mixed drink that combines 60 per cent citrus-flavoured soft drink with 40 per cent Foster’s lager. The most refreshing option of this summer's new drinks, the radler was developed especially to please Finnish taste buds. The beverage’s alcohol content is 2%.

c) After producing a 2% monstrosity why then feel the need to go alcohol free.

4) Who the hell buys this stuff.

Oh and Le Tour starts again tomorrow, so just humour me, I'll be gone soon.

I am frankly angered by this concept also. Confirms my theory that we have, for quite a while now, been producing a new breed of complete pussy holes who like to justify drinking this sort of stuff. A bit like caffiene free coffee. Ban it now from GREAT (GREAT) Britain.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am frankly angered by this concept also. Confirms my theory that we have, for quite a while now, been producing a new breed of complete pussy holes who like to justify drinking this sort of stuff. A bit like caffiene free coffee. Ban it now from GREAT (GREAT) Britain.

Reminds me of the guy who showed up at my regular morning coffee van one morning.

Bloke: Decaff skinny latte please.
Vendor (after perfect comic timing pause) No sugar I presume....

He's not been back.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Reminds me of the guy who showed up at my regular morning coffee van one morning.

Bloke: Decaff skinny latte please.
Vendor (after perfect comic timing pause) No sugar I presume....

He's not been back.

Rather similar to ordering a diet coke in McDonald's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here