Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
BHA, solvent and paying their way since 1901. Palace?

Oh, and since World War Two...
List of Brighton Doubles over Palace:
50/51
51/52
55/56
57/58
75/76
80/81
83/84

List of Palace Doubles over Brighton:
Careful. This is where they usually bring up some hearsay about one of our suppliers agreeing a discount at some point whilst we were selling the old ground, and then equate that to 2 administrations [emoji38]ol:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Careful. This is where they usually bring up some hearsay about one of our suppliers agreeing a discount at some point whilst we were selling the old ground, and then equate that to 2 administrations [emoji38]ol:

I really don't know where this comes from, I think I have nearly all the books written about the Albion since 1978 and I have never seen this documented anywhere. So where have they got this from?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

You know it didn't happen if they tell themselves that enough times?? Them are the Palace rules.

Cant wait for the excuses for a Hat-trick of Admins when they get relegated...

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I really don't know where this comes from, I think I have nearly all the books written about the Albion since 1978 and I have never seen this documented anywhere. So where have they got this from?

Pretty sure it was during the Bedson reign, when re-financing, some of the board/shareholders agreed a reduction in what they were owned. This happens a lot in business, but think some Palace fans quote this 'as we don't pay back in full our creditors either' well think board members take a risk on investing in a football club, unlike St Johns who do a superb job and who simply were not paid (yes I know the fans paid).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Pretty sure it was during the Bedson reign, when re-financing, some of the board/shareholders agreed a reduction in what they were owned. This happens a lot in business, but think some Palace fans quote this 'as we don't pay back in full our creditors either' well think board members take a risk on investing in a football club, unlike St Johns who do a superb job and who simply were not paid (yes I know the fans paid).

and what about Tony Bloom losing millions from his interest free, unsecured loans as they are converted into worthless shares?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Palace were ahead of the curve with fake news. Bless em.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Good point, but according to Palace fans, that's cheating....

The Palace poster who is always going on about 'cheating' is Eaglejez...very odd fruitcake and his son Malarkey..( he hopes Glenn Murray breaks both his legs whilst playing for us).

Lovely family.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
The palarse gimps on here know they are up shit creak without a paddle.
They will try to deflect from the cladding, the cannon, the goal music, the spuds drum but they all know that they're ****ed.
Shit club, shit ground and so called 'supporters' that have handbags with their players.
The past, which they constantly live in, is coming back to bite them on the arse big time.
Jesters :jester:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
So you've NEARLY won something, and NEARLY got a decent stadium? (well, not that near really). Whereas we've also nearly won something and ACTUALLY got a state of the art stadium and state of the art training facilities.

We? I mean Tony Bloom has got the stadium and the facilities. What does Brighton and Hove Albion actually OWN? Without legal/financial shackles like "secured on"?

The vast majority of the debt which was given up in 2010 was on players' contracts. Which as is generally admitted in the game, are now vastly out of the proportion and only sustainable at the top level by TV money.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We? I mean Tony Bloom has got the stadium and the facilities. What does Brighton and Hove Albion actually OWN? Without legal/financial shackles like "secured on"?

The vast majority of the debt which was given up in 2010 was on players' contracts. Which as is generally admitted in the game, are now vastly out of the proportion and only sustainable at the top level by TV money.

Must give you praise for continuously coming on here to humiliate yourself.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well one thing Jordan is correct about is, that they no longer can be called South London and proud anymore, they are Yankee Doodle Dandies now.
His Twitter feed is hilarious.

Has anyone actually asked where the "£200m investment" from the yanks has gone btw?

Seems like Prince Charming has sold them up the river (or to a faceless network of companies in Delaware) for a bag of magic beans.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here