Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate valentines day...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm sure there's a card out there somewhere that [MENTION=13230]Psychobilly freakout[/MENTION] could buy if he saw it. Perhaps he could download one?

2083cc001ef44093b883dbcfa044db29.gif

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I too hate Valentine's day, because the wife says it's a day that should be spent with the one you love, and I have to look after the kids.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
A decent bunch of flowers from the supermarket (which are often cheaper on Valentines Day), card for a quid or two and a nice meal at a restaurant that isn't putting on a stupidly overpriced set menu, so their prices remain the same as always. Job done. Then sit back and wait for March 14th to roll around.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I bought a card at the weekend, maybe just missed it previously but there were racks of 'Happy Valentines Day' cards for 'son', 'daughter' and other relatives. WTF ??? (No, I wasn't in Norfolk or Croydon either before you ask)

Yep this as well, the bloody wife has got our daughter a card and present, which I just do not understand for a woman who hates how women are portred and sexism within our daily lives. She is buying into what exactly she is against and setting our daughter up for a fall, do you remember how bitchy girls could be at school on valentines day, it is just an added pressure on women and men.

Hate it, Hate it, Hate it....

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That time of year again I hate Valentines day...

Now I love my wife dearly however for someone who is anti establishment, globalisation and a strong believer in women's equal rights and sexism throughout the world why does she like this manufactured day. The actual history of this day begins way back in roman times when from Feb. 13 to 15, the Romans celebrated the feast of Lupercalia. The men sacrificed a goat and a dog, then whipped women with the hides of the animals they had just slain !!!!

We don't need a special day to tell the women in our lives we love them that day should be everyday, not an over priced guilt trip day...

Just saying...

The whipping bit sounds quite appealing though......

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think Valentines Day is for singles and couples that haven't been together for too long. Everyone else sees the day as an overpriced commercial event.

However the one not to forget is Mothers Day, do that and you really are in trouble.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just a bit of harmless fun. Just because people might get a card and flowers for valentines doesn't mean they don't do at other times of the year as well.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Get your hands dirty grubbyhands and sort it. :)

There is the added complication that she's travelling around all over the 2 islands so God knows where I'm going to have it delivered. Do you think a text will cut the mustard?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That time of year again I hate Valentines day...

Now I love my wife dearly however for someone who is anti establishment, globalisation and a strong believer in women's equal rights and sexism throughout the world why does she like this manufactured day. The actual history of this day begins way back in roman times when from Feb. 13 to 15, the Romans celebrated the feast of Lupercalia. The men sacrificed a goat and a dog, then whipped women with the hides of the animals they had just slain !!!!

We don't need a special day to tell the women in our lives we love them that day should be everyday, not an over priced guilt trip day...

Just saying...
Do you celebrate Steak and Blowjob too? . .... It sort of evens out then.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I've never done anything for Valentines day.

I dated a girl who enquired what I was going to get her for Valentines day to which I replied "Nothing". She didn't believe me and was proper hacked off when the day rolled around. "I did tell you I wasn't getting you anything".

We broke up shortly afterwards.

Women Eh !

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just reading through this thread and wondering when Valentine´s day was just about what the man does/gets for his partner, when did this change? I was under the impression it was a two way thing. I do not think a lady can get hacked off with a partner who does not do much when she does knob all herself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here