Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
You accuse them of making things up,but I don't see any back-up at all for your little rant.Cool story,bro :cool::yawn:

Perhaps if you took your blindfold off and looked you would locate details within seconds. However given that you are to lazy to even do that, have a read of the following

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/07/white-house-list-donald-trumps-undereported-terror-list-paris-attacks-berlin-truck-killings

If you finally take an interest and read the press release from the White house, you will note that they are unable to spell attack or attacker

Two Professors: always two professors short.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Does anyone on here actually believe that these events were under-reported? Anyone?

I believe that there are events that may have happened in Europe, didn't pact UK citizens and weren't instantly recognisable as isis terror attacks and therefore were covered locally only.

Doesn't mean the story didn't receive appropriate attention.

Having said which, I remember working in Chicago and my wife being aware of a shooting in downtown Chicago that was on the BBC news in UK but wasn't on the us news network I was watching in my room so very possible trumps view is based purely on his own perception of media which is us centric

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does anyone on here actually believe that these events were under-reported? Anyone?

I'm really not sure what to make of all of this other than Trump has serious issues and/or mental problems. People are already starting to pick up on his psychotic characteristics. Can he be carted off?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I'm really not sure what to make of all of this other than Trump has serious issues and/or mental problems. People are already starting to pick up on his psychotic characteristics. Can he be carted off?

Trump won't change and bannan won't want him to. Our job is to help ensure that people don't start to believe this alt facts

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

25th Amendment, section 4.

Never been invoked .... yet.

I believe that there are events that may have happened in Europe, didn't pact UK citizens and weren't instantly recognisable as isis terror attacks and therefore were covered locally only.

Having said which, I remember working in Chicago and my wife being aware of a shooting in downtown Chicago that was on the BBC news in UK but wasn't on the us news network I was watching in my room so very possible trumps view is based purely on his own perception of media which is us centric

There was a well-known US publication that used to carry the slogan "ALL THE NEWS THAT FITS WE PRINT". I believe it was intended to be a joke.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Although various US tv networks and newspapers have detailed how much coverage the events were given, maybe if not on the cartoon network or cartoon page of the paper, Trump doesn't notice.

It is also telling that the list provided by the White House, falls short of the recent Canadian incident, and does not include any events when white extremists were involved.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Although various US tv networks and newspapers have detailed how much coverage the events were given, maybe if not on the cartoon network or cartoon page of the paper, Trump doesn't notice.

It is also telling that the list provided by the White House, falls short of the recent Canadian incident, and does not include any events when white extremists were involved.
Indeed. It's going to be an awful 4 years as this selective news, alt facts, twitter presidency carries on.

This is the new normal. We saw it with brexit and now us are doing it. Rather than drain the swamp I fear it just got a bit deeper

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Perhaps if you took your blindfold off and looked you would locate details within seconds. However given that you are to lazy to even do that, have a read of the following

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/07/white-house-list-donald-trumps-undereported-terror-list-paris-attacks-berlin-truck-killings

If you finally take an interest and read the press release from the White house, you will note that they are unable to spell attack or attacker

Perhaps I might be too busy doing voluntary work,not that I'm asking for a knighthood.I do get called on at some inconvenient times,but do try to bear with me.
Shock,horror,Trump's people don't use spell-checker,impeach him,cart him off he's schizo,narcissist,megalomaniac,choose any 1 from 3.:lolol::yawn:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Indeed. It's going to be an awful 4 years as this selective news, alt facts, twitter presidency carries on.

This is the new normal. We saw it with brexit and now us are doing it. Rather than drain the swamp I fear it just got a bit deeper

Do you think you might be able to see through the false news,after all,we still have the BBC.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Albumen,always short.Are you John Bercow?

hqdefault.jpg

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Do you think you might be able to see through the false news,after all,we still have the BBC.

The BBC that covered those terrorist acts that the white house claims weren't covered? Rather trust BBC that Donald Trump at the moment

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As has been explained multiple times, this call is ENTIRELY within The Speaker's 'station'.

The Speaker presides over the House's debates, determining which members may speak. The Speaker is also responsible for maintaining order during debate, and may punish members who break the rules of the House. Unlike presiding officers of legislatures in many other countries, the Speaker remains strictly non-partisan, and renounces all affiliation with his or her former political party when taking office as well as when leaving the office.

The Speaker on Monday said he would not invite Mr Trump to address Parliament during his proposed state visit later this year, saying: “I feel very strongly that our opposition to racism and sexism and our support for equality before the law and an independent judiciary are hugely important considerations in the House of Commons.”

Crispin Blunt, who chairs the House of Commons Foreign Affairs Select Committee, said the Speaker would have to deal with “the consequences” of what he has said. Although there are “strongly held views” on Mr Trump, he added: “The Speaker, who’s meant to referee all of this, should keep himself above that. The BBC also quotes other unnamed Conservative MPs as saying the Speaker’s remarks went “way beyond what is acceptable” and that Mr Bercow “must be close to standing down”.

The Speaker has faced accusations of hypocrisy...

John Bercow had representatives from the authoritarian regimes of North Korea and Vietnam round for tea and charged the bill to the taxpayer, Guido can reveal. On 16 July 2009, the Speaker hosted a reception on the parliamentary estate for the vice chairman of Vietnam’s national assembly. At the time the Vietnamese press reported:

“Vice Chairman Luu held a separate meeting with the newly appointed Speaker of the U.K. House of Commons John Bercow in which he delivered Chairman Nguyen Phu Trong’s congratulations on Bercow’s election and an invitation for him to visit Vietnam soon.” Vietnam is a communist one party state. Human Rights Watch says “Vietnam’s human rights record remains dire in all areas”, with no democracy and routine use of torture by the police. Bercow charged the taxpayer to have them round for tea.

On 28 March 2011, the Speaker had representatives from the North Korean regime round for tea in the Speaker’s House. A Freedom of Information response shows Bercow hosted a party of four including the “Speaker of North Korea”. Human Rights Watch says “North Korea remains among the world’s most repressive countries. All basic freedoms have been severely restricted”. Bercow’s team insist they met “to tell him candidly what they thought of the conduct of his regime”. Yet he won’t extend an invite to the leader of the free world…

order-order.com/2017/02/07/bercow-charged-taxpayer-tea-north-korean-vietnam/

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
The Speaker presides over the House's debates, determining which members may speak. The Speaker is also responsible for maintaining order during debate, and may punish members who break the rules of the House. Unlike presiding officers of legislatures in many other countries, the Speaker remains strictly non-partisan, and renounces all affiliation with his or her former political party when taking office as well as when leaving the office.

The Speaker on Monday said he would not invite Mr Trump to address Parliament during his proposed state visit later this year, saying: “I feel very strongly that our opposition to racism and sexism and our support for equality before the law and an independent judiciary are hugely important considerations in the House of Commons.”

Crispin Blunt, who chairs the House of Commons Foreign Affairs Select Committee, said the Speaker would have to deal with “the consequences” of what he has said. Although there are “strongly held views” on Mr Trump, he added: “The Speaker, who’s meant to referee all of this, should keep himself above that. The BBC also quotes other unnamed Conservative MPs as saying the Speaker’s remarks went “way beyond what is acceptable” and that Mr Bercow “must be close to standing down”.

The Speaker has faced accusations of hypocrisy...

John Bercow had representatives from the authoritarian regimes of North Korea and Vietnam round for tea and charged the bill to the taxpayer, Guido can reveal. On 16 July 2009, the Speaker hosted a reception on the parliamentary estate for the vice chairman of Vietnam’s national assembly. At the time the Vietnamese press reported:

“Vice Chairman Luu held a separate meeting with the newly appointed Speaker of the U.K. House of Commons John Bercow in which he delivered Chairman Nguyen Phu Trong’s congratulations on Bercow’s election and an invitation for him to visit Vietnam soon.” Vietnam is a communist one party state. Human Rights Watch says “Vietnam’s human rights record remains dire in all areas”, with no democracy and routine use of torture by the police. Bercow charged the taxpayer to have them round for tea.

On 28 March 2011, the Speaker had representatives from the North Korean regime round for tea in the Speaker’s House. A Freedom of Information response shows Bercow hosted a party of four including the “Speaker of North Korea”. Human Rights Watch says “North Korea remains among the world’s most repressive countries. All basic freedoms have been severely restricted”. Bercow’s team insist they met “to tell him candidly what they thought of the conduct of his regime”. Yet he won’t extend an invite to the leader of the free world…

order-order.com/2017/02/07/bercow-charged-taxpayer-tea-north-korean-vietnam/

It would help us all, including yourself if you read what you posted.

Bercow is one of three people who controls invites to speak in Westminster Hall and who can address the commons.

Having a rep of North Korea to a meeting isn't the same as a state visit nor is it addressing parliament.

It's like comparing apples with broccoli

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Bercow is one of three people who controls invites to speak in Westminster Hall and who can address the commons.

Having a rep of North Korea to a meeting isn't the same as a state visit nor is it addressing parliament.

Straight broccoli or curved ones?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

You do not care about whether Bercow was within his right to comment or not, just like the Remainers who didnt care one jot about whether due process was relevent when Gina Miller made her challenge, you just hoped beyond hope that you would get another referendum or perhaps not even leave the EU, just as you care not whether Bercow acted reasonablely in his role as the speaker of the house, you just like to see anyone anyhow have a pop at Trump.

So dont bother to try and portray your opinion as driven by principle or qualification, you're just spoilt brats the lot of you.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Your reference to Brexit in this context is exactly the type of false link that Trump himself uses. False claims were made by both sides and yet you choose to see this only on the Leave side. The Left in British politics has consistently been against EU membership so it is rather disingenuous to join Trump in equating his politics and the referendum result.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here