Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Is it safe :smile: its looks like your dreams could be coming true . Big Sam has a major job to rebuild confidence but I'm always optimistic ???

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A couple a good lines from that article to remember as the season unfolds

Deluded Standard Timmy said:
Keeping Crystal Palace in the Premier League is the easiest job of Sam Allardyce’s career

he should be sending a bottle of champagne to the men who serve up the match rota. Swansea, even with an extra day’s rest, are the perfect fodder to start the Big Sam revival in south London. The Welsh side lack direction, fight, confidence and talent.

Selhurt Park’s relegation worries will be long gone when spring arrives.

After the England debacle, it is just what he needs. His timing — and Palace’s — was perfect. This was the most appetising job in the lower regions of the table. It is certainly more attractive than the rescue mission Paul Clement faces at Swansea.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
As has been mentioned in this thread previously their board is a great read today. If you are feeling even a tad grumpy today, reading it will put a great smile on your face.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I note that the stated attendance for last night was 24,913 which is only marginally lower than the stated attendance for Chelsea of 25,259.

Now, don't get me wrong - we Pretendance it up with the best of them. But let's be clear Palace fans you are absolutely not in any position of superiority when it comes to:

- Plastics. 10,000 or so who couldn't find Selhurst Park in the Championship suddenly appearing when you reached the Premier League, many of whom are:
- Tourists. Many visiting the UK are glad all over to be able to see a Premier League game. (Although probably less so when they get to experience somewhat less than state-of-the-art facilities)
- Pretendances. As above - empty seats all around last night.
- Leaving early, particularly when your team needs you.

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 21.54.02.png

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Malarkey said:
Palace fan since '97. Season ticket holder since '99? Was at Hillsborough in 2010, did many crap away days that season and seasons since (and beforehand). Been to home games on cold Tuesday nights against Barnsley and Bristol City, and home defeats such as 4-0 against Scunthorpe. In my relatively short tenure as a Palace fan, I have seen a lot of crap, but never really booed. Today at half time I booed as loudly as I could.

'97 wow :laugh:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Everyone needs a palace fan in their life today.

I hadn't seen my Palace fan since before Christmas, I wished him Happy New Year, "Is it?" he replied.
"You teams not doing very well" says I.
"I don't support them anymore,they're sh1t,"

He then refused to discuss any football with me at all, I can't understand why.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If I read a funnier quote than that on this board today, I will undoubtedly do myself some sort of mischief. Hilarious!

I thought that, but I think [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] just won that competition with the goal music comment :lolol:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I hadn't seen my Palace fan since before Christmas, I wished him Happy New Year, "Is it?" he replied.
"You teams not doing very well" says I.
"I don't support them anymore,they're sh1t,"

He then refused to discuss any football with me at all, I can't understand why.

Rescue this poor sod from his life of self-harming and buy the man an Albion shirt, its the only decent thing you can do to ease his pain. :smile:

Oh, and make sure its a Murray one. :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A couple a good lines from that article to remember as the season unfolds

A deluded poster called Timmy? Is there some sort of internet forum rule?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bestest fans in the world
No plastics
Most loyal fans
Most noisiest
Ex England manager
Third best player in the world
Caring american owners

The future is bright.

Ok they have had to reassess the champs league and EFL Trophy, probably the EUROPA league is a stretch but no reason why cant break into the top 10 and win the cup.

1st time for ages the team got booed off at Ht! not a good time to be Palace , Anyway normally I come on Nsc to offer an Remf bet, Last season an Albion fan coughed up the £50 Alas I fear it's doom for us this time and we'll be down by March!! but it's also for me to stand up and be counted

Anyone want an Remf bet £50 that Palace survive ? Am certain they'll be loads of takers so just one £50 bet please
Proof will have to be posted that the donation made to Remf at the end of the season.

Am praying that it's another slip up from Bha so we can once again laugh at you but I fear it's a wasted prayer.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
HRP said:
What's gone wrong 2016/17 - point the finger

This is what's gone wrong for me this season

Jedinak, Gayle sold
Worse home kit in living memory , the arrogance of the chairman saying you can only do so much with stripes.
Usual late sending out of season tickets and the new card readers not tested so usual queues on the first day of the season.
Usual poor colour printing on season ticket wallets , orange and blue this season compared with purple last season .
Manager not sacked earlier on
Fan zone lol , the wood would have rotten by now
Advertising boards blocking the view for people
The late arriving floodlights and the club not listening to people regarding the light show .
Getting rid of a good stadium announcer and replacing him with , well not sure with to be honest.
Youth players on the bench but not getting on the pitch , instead we see the dross Mutch.
Sold out games with loads of empty seats
Enjoy the game
Lack of any plans for the train strike against Manchester United
Membership packs late in going out , no replies , club blaming everyone but themselves for the delays .
Giving away fans a better experience at Selhurst than they would get at their normal 'home' ground .

It's all created an atmosphere of 'couldn't care less ' from the club

Added to the usual historical problems of
No replies from the club when you email them
Piss poor away coach service STILL
Premium rate Box office number STILL
Buying tickets online when games aren't on sale when they are meant to be , unable to add certain number of tickets when they go on general sale
Club shop website showing empty pages

As people have said previously the club hasn't changed it's taken the premier league £ and we have nothing to show from it. Club needs to start to listen to its customers before they coming cap in hand to us in 2017/18 in the championship when crowds drop by 5k a game.

Not a happy bunny!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here