Baseball Season 2016

Who's your favourite MLB team?

• Total voters

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Nice, I was at Wellington and Blue Jays until a few months ago. In the east end now.

I'm Wellington and John. Which part of the east end? I'm looking for an area to move to early next year, so interested to hear recommendations.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
I'm Wellington and John. Which part of the east end? I'm looking for an area to move to early next year, so interested to hear recommendations.

I'm in the Upper Beaches, north of Kingston Road and just east of Main. It's definitely quieter out this way but Kingston Road is a decent strip with a few bars (including Feathers which allegedly has the second biggest Scotch collection in North America - I plan to have a Brighton scarf up in there in the near future). Leslieville is a 5/10 minute cab ride which is a bonus. The big sell though is the 10-min walk to Danforth GO and 10-min train ride to Union. I wish I had been in a position to buy 5 years ago because the prices have gone way up.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
2-2 end of the 9th

Osuna injured

Last edited:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Congrats to the Blue Jays who take it 5-2 in the 11th innings with a homer and progress to the ALDS to meet Texas.

Good game to watch as a neutral

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What. A. Game.

Great pitcher change at the end for Orioles :clap2: :lolol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Bring on the Rangers. No love lost there, should be a great series.

Yes, there's going to be emotions flying whatever the outcome.

WTF is the deal with the start times though?

Thursday 4.30pm ET (3.30pm in Texas)
Friday 1pm ET (12pm in Texas)

I don't get it :shrug:

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Yes, there's going to be emotions flying whatever the outcome.

WTF is the deal with the start times though?

Thursday 4.30pm ET (3.30pm in Texas)
Friday 1pm ET (12pm in Texas)

I don't get it :shrug:

Nothing Toronto fans aren't used to. I'm on holiday from tomorrow, fortunately.

Great how things have played out that we can now start Happ, Sanchez and Estrada for games 1, 2 and 3. With Liriano and maybe even Stroman in the 'pen, I fancy us to beat them again. The pitching has been a delight.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Nothing Toronto fans aren't used to. I'm on holiday from tomorrow, fortunately.

Great how things have played out that we can now start Happ, Sanchez and Estrada for games 1, 2 and 3. With Liriano and maybe even Stroman in the 'pen, I fancy us to beat them again. The pitching has been a delight.

I think I've got things sorted. Half my team (including my boss) are working from home tomorrow, so I'll either do the same or just leave early. Then we're going to the pub for the dev manager's 50th birthday lunch on Friday, and he likes baseball :thumbsup:

We do look strong in terms of pitchers, they've all had decent seasons. That was supposed to be our big weakness going into April, it's funny how things change. I still never feel confident we'll get enough runs though. Too many occasions when we have men on 2nd/3rd base and fail to score.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Just watched the the game from last night.... wow!!! Where was Britton he should of came in the 11th men on bases! What a atmosphere as well, some noise again at the Rodgers centre! What was that idiot doing throwing a can at Kim during his catch in the 7th, mental.

Can't wait for the Rangers v Jays series as a neutral, nice little rivalry building there, like to see jays win but also Rangers for Hamels.

Big pitching match up tonight, hoping for a Giants win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All this wild card nonsense with the little teams.

Let me know when it's the turn of proper baseball.

#nat'nalslosein4 :facepalm:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Big match for the Mets tonight and Syndergaard has grown into just the pitcher we need - he'll face off against veteran Madison Bumgarner.

He went 2.1 with a 3.32 ERA in last year's playoffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here