Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Lorry attack in Nice

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I never said that about you but as it happens they both are extremist, radicalise and violent. Try and understand these English words I am using and stop using pictures. This is NSC not The Sun.

Jesus wept. You are actually equating EDL with ISIS aren't you? Please stop. The stupid hurts.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I never said that about you but as it happens they both are extremist, radicalise and violent. Try and understand these English words I am using and stop using pictures. This is NSC not The Sun.

Clueless.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
List of Islamic Terror Attacks:

Last 30 Days: During this time period, there were 169 Islamic attacks in 29 countries, in which 1556 people were killed and 2168 injured.

http://thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

Interesting how many are in Muslim countries and that we hardly hear about them.

3 in western countries from what i can see.

Still it must be Islam to blame, I am sure those that died blame their religion. 'if only i had been a Christian'

No wonder there are so many refugees.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Interesting how many are in Muslim countries and that we hardly hear about them.

Still it must be Islam to blame, I am sure those that died blame their religion. 'if only i had been a Christian'

If people are blowing other people up or killing people in the name of their religion, then the problem has a religious origin. In this case cited, the origin is Islam.

Of course we hear about the western atrocities more as we have a western culture and identify with it more readily just as we hear loads of other news from the west. It's human nature to be more interested in things that happen closer to home and in societies where there are closer ties. All human life is equally valued in my book, but just as I am more interested in a crime in Brighton than in London or Edinburgh, I am more interested in the Nice murders than bombings in Iraq.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If people are blowing other people up or killing people in the name of their religion, then the problem has a religious origin. In this case cited, the origin is Islam.

Of course we hear about the western atrocities more as we have a western culture and identify with it more readily just as we hear loads of other news from the west. It's human nature to be more interested in things that happen closer to home and in societies where there are closer ties. All human life is equally valued in my book, but just as I am more interested in a crime in Brighton than in London or Edinburgh, I am more interested in the Nice murders than bombings in Iraq.
Exactly.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I just think it is a little bit sketchy to blame a religion for people's evil doing when the people they are doing the evil too often follow the same religion. I agree people are more interested on things that they have a connection to. The problem with this kind of selectivism is that it doesn't give you the whole story.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I just think it is a little bit sketchy to blame a religion for people's evil doing when the people they are doing the evil too often follow the same religion. I agree people are more interested on things that they have a connection to. The problem with this kind of selectivism is that it doesn't give you the whole story.

You need to get your head around the mindset which drives behaviour based on a view that, the ends suit the means.

Once you get there it won't be that sketchy.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Jesus wept. You are actually equating EDL with ISIS aren't you? Please stop. The stupid hurts.

These people are extremists in their own right, they have the same dogma as holocaust deniers.

If the litany of Islamic terror attacks over recent years wont shake them from their perverse views nothing will. They are genuinely perverse because deep down these people are secretly willing for the next gruesome attack to be committed a right wing extremist.

If and when this occurs then they can validate their outlook that these are attacks are no different, and we should just accept it as the new normal.

They are nuts.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
These people are extremists in their own right, they have the same dogma as holocaust deniers.

If the litany of Islamic terror attacks over recent years wont shake them from their perverse views nothing will. They are genuinely perverse because deep down these people are secretly willing for the next gruesome attack to be committed a right wing extremist.

If and when this occurs then they can validate their outlook that these are attacks are no different, and we should just accept it as the new normal.

They are nuts.

Who are these people?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I do not place a blanket of blame upon all Muslims. However it is specious to argue anything other than the attacks are implicitly tied up in Islam. For too long in the West we ignored hate preachers of Islam and now fueled up by our disastrous approach to Afghanistan, Iraq and now Syria, we are reaping the benefits.

I am a Christian and it would be equally pointless to deny that the crusades were nothing to do with Christianity.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

But that's the point, Islam consists of 72 sects and is a danger to everyone including themselves. I converse with ex Muslims and Muslims and have learned a lot about their belief system. They all fear each other so we should be concerned too. The Quran is just 14% of the belief system and Muslim's who only read the Quran are called Quranists and not considered real Muslims by other Muslim's.

The worrying bits are in the Hadith's and Sira's, and it's the Muslims who follow this part of Islam who certainly do have extreme views.

I don't blame refugee's coming over because it is our own Governments incompetence on foreign policies that have either started a war or proactively supported civil war in the ME.

That said we should not be ignorant of their belief system and Muhammad the man behind it. He was not the peaceful, kind and thoughtful person we know Jesus to have been; Muhammad was a ruthless bloodthirsty warlord who ruled by terror.

There are many Muslim's including those who consider themselves moderate, who believe that one day Islam will dominate the world, and although they might not like ISIS and other groups like, they consider them to be part of Allah's plan.

I would just recommend that everyone should learn about Muhammad because he is the inspiration for this extremism, and we can never take him out of Islam.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
But that's the point, Islam consists of 72 sects and is a danger to everyone including themselves. I converse with ex Muslims and Muslims and have learned a lot about their belief system. They all fear each other so we should be concerned too. The Quran is just 14% of the belief system and Muslim's who only read the Quran are called Quranists and not considered real Muslims by other Muslim's.

The worrying bits are in the Hadith's and Sira's, and it's the Muslims who follow this part of Islam who certainly do have extreme views.

I don't blame refugee's coming over because it is our own Governments incompetence on foreign policies that have either started a war or proactively supported civil war in the ME.

That said we should not be ignorant of their belief system and Muhammad the man behind it. He was not the peaceful, kind and thoughtful person we know Jesus to have been; Muhammad was a ruthless bloodthirsty warlord who ruled by terror.

There are many Muslim's including those who consider themselves moderate, who believe that one day Islam will dominate the world, and although they might not like ISIS and other groups like, they consider them to be part of Allah's plan.

I would just recommend that everyone should learn about Muhammad because he is the inspiration for this extremism, and we can never take him out of Islam.

An excellent post that highlights the folly of blaming 'islam' as one homogenized entity for the actions of part or part of it. We should be working with those who do no hold extremist views not tarring them with the same bus.

Very interested to learn more about muhammed. Any suggestions?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I do not place a blanket of blame upon all Muslims. However it is specious to argue anything other than the attacks are implicitly tied up in Islam. For too long in the West we ignored hate preachers of Islam and now fueled up by our disastrous approach to Afghanistan, Iraq and now Syria, we are reaping the benefits.

I am a Christian and it would be equally pointless to deny that the crusades were nothing to do with Christianity.

Although the big difference is that the crusades were not inspired by Jesus. Christianity can put the crusades down to Dark Age mentality and can easily separate Jesus from it. Christianity at its core is a peaceful religion but went astray when the Romans picked it up and first used it in battle.

Muhammad on the other hand, claimed he was a prophet and killed everyone who did not believe he was. Islam cannot separate Muhammad from Jihad the way that Christianity can separate the Crusades from Jesus. Jesus’ as a role model for all things good is compatible with atheism. He without sin, turn the other cheek and all that etc all works for humanity.

So we can sort of compare the crusades to jihad, both brutal, but fundamentally they are a very different thought process, and one continues to this day.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
An excellent post that highlights the folly of blaming 'islam' as one homogenized entity for the actions of part or part of it. We should be working with those who do no hold extremist views not tarring them with the same bus.

Muhammad is very interesting but there are two very different versions of who he was. Islam likes to promote the peaceful Islam to it's children and new converts but that is stage one.

The video below is a sugar coated Islam and Muhammad so it's best to see this first so we can understand both sides.

https://youtu.be/lahXSUkuaIA

I will try to direct you to key bits that contradict the video later.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton

the Qu'ran maybe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here